• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Viva Elite Community

chamcg

Since viva elite become much popular in sl market and number of cars increasing day by day, I just thought of starting a new topic on viva. ;)

All are warmly welcome to post anything you like regarding on elite, including issues, suggestions and issues … etc.

If you have done any modifications, please share them with us too.

regards,

cham

• Like 2

No offence buddy, but there's quite a lot of Vivia threads so I dont see why this thread would be extra special.

Why dont you form a club or something and meetup in real life. It'd make more sense if exchanging such brand/model specifics issues is the goal.

• Like 1

Hi, I have moved this thread to AutoLanka → SPECIFIC MAKES → PERODUA

Feel free to discuss/share info related to "Perodua" under the above sub-forum

Thanks,

** Please note that promoting local motoring related fb-groups/sites/blogs in AL forum is not allowed.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

how many kilometer have u guys travelled with blinking fuel indicator? (low fuel indicator)

btw i have travelled 35km's :D (fuel consuption is 12km/l) any other figures please comment..

Well if you start counting as soon as light start to blink, you will have fuel to go around 50km as per car manual. i had gone around 40km while light blinking. By the way driving style also matters.

how many kilometer have u guys travelled with blinking fuel indicator? (low fuel indicator)

btw i have travelled 35km's :D (fuel consuption is 12km/l) any other figures please comment..

As per Owner's manual,

Capacity of fuel tank : 36 liters

Fuel quantity remain in the tank when start blinking fuel indicator: 5 liters

But what the use of running with low fuel warning???? It is a warning to refill fuel.

I always do full tank pumping and maintain fuel log properly from the day I collected my Viva Elite from Unimo.

I have all the fuel economy details of my car and have done all calculations.

But I never try this.

Watchman has given good explanation.

What kinda of cheap fools are you guys?!?!?!?! Just cos the warning indicator comes on, doesnt mean whatever you run after that you get free petrol or anything. And you're not saving anything by running on the last few drops of petrol.. in fact you're loosing out by doing it..

1- all the dirt and residue lies at the bottom of the tank and that means if ur running on the last few drops of petrol ur sucking that into the fuel system and harming your engine in the long run.

2- when you're tank has less petrol that means there's more air in it. Which means more space for the petrol to evaporate into the air and just float away when you open your gas tank at the pump.

So stop being stupid and cheap and make sure you have at least a 1/2 tank in your tank... u dont save money by running on an empty tank...

I do agree with Watchman. Only advantage I see of running low on fuel is the weight advatage. But since its not Formula one..Running untill the fuel warning indicates is nothing but a stupid move.

MINIACE

well i did 60kms again.. with blinking indicators and i could only pump 33 liters :speechless-smiley-004: for full tank...

@ranga.. thanks mate. btw you can do around 60km (my average consumption is 12km/l with 95 octane.)

@sampath.. yes me too. :sport-smiley-004:

@watchman, i agree with ur 1st one thanks for reminding me that point (as sl is becoming very popular for high quality fuels.. :P :P)

but im not agree with ur 2nd point..

its true that petrol evaporate. if i pump full tank for an empty tank that mean 36 liters of petrol vapor im taking out. if i did that for half filled tank, that mean 18 liters of petrol vapor taking out. if i happen to consume 36 liter per month.. that mean in both scenarios i have to put away 36 liters of petrol vapor.. am i correct??

pls correct me if im wrong..

Edited by chamcg

WOW what an achievement, lets see which fool covers the most distance with the blinking indicator.

All that you're proving is your ignorance

Running on empty can also cause the fuel pump to become exposed and overheat, as it is designed to sit submerged in the fuel.

Edited by Zoom-Zoom

well i did 60kms again.. with blinking indicators and i could only pump 33 liters :speechless-smiley-004: for full tank...

@ranga.. thanks mate. btw you can do around 60km (my average consumption is 12km/l with 95 octane.)

@sampath.. yes me too. :sport-smiley-004:

@watchman, i agree with ur 1st one thanks for reminding me that point (as sl is becoming very popular for high quality fuels.. :P :P)

but im not agree with ur 2nd point..

its true that petrol evaporate. if i pump full tank for an empty tank that mean 36 liters of petrol vapor im taking out. if i did that for half filled tank, that mean 18 liters of petrol vapor taking out. if i happen to consume 36 liter per month.. that mean in both scenarios i have to put away 36 liters of petrol vapor.. am i correct??

pls correct me if im wrong..

You do have a point, but practically i dont know if its the 'same'. Frankly this whole thing is pretty stupid to begin with so I dont think its worth thinking too deep into it.

Its your car; please run as far as you want/can or till you stall in the middle of the road with no petrol and spend another 500-700 bucks on a threewheeler running to the petrol shed. Then add about another hour or 2 of inconvenience/delay. Then add the stress and the wear on the starter motor and battery (not sure if the viva has a manual pump) trying to suck out all the air already in the petrol lines.... So yeah you ARE a winner!!!!

• Like 8

• 3 weeks later...

need a advice from you guys...plss

i need to buy headlamp for my elite, and un*m* parts are really costly. is there any other shops who import original spareparts for a reasonable price? if so pls do let me know. and is there any place to buy reconditioned parts for elite?

need a advice from you guys...plss

i need to buy headlamp for my elite, and un*m* parts are really costly. is there any other shops who import original spareparts for a reasonable price? if so pls do let me know. and is there any place to buy reconditioned parts for elite?

There was a shop in Panchikawatta that does Perodua spares. I don't recall the name of the shop, maybe someone else on the forum knows.

• 8 months later...
I have bought a 2nd hand viva elite and it ha some small interior noises that doesn't come if the body of the car is wet. Such as in rainy days or after washing the car. Noise mostly coming from the hatch lid and the roof. Is this normal? Any opinions ?

Of course it's normal. When you buy a Viva Elite you don't expect build quality to come with it, do you?????

• Like 1

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="CJ5" data-cid="239193" data-time="1367843055"><p>

<br />

Of course it's normal. When you buy a Viva Elite you don't expect build quality to come with it, do you?????</p></blockquote>

Thanks for the info. I have never used one or been in a one so I was wondering whether the noises would have emerged with the usage.

Thanks for the info. I have never used one or been in a one so I was wondering whether the noises would have emerged with the usage.

While i laugh at you I must ask; didnt you try out a few specimens before buying the one you did.. If you DID you'd know if its a 'normal' sound for a Viva.. for most other cars its not...

Anyway you probably have some bad rubber beading simple as that.. try pouring some water selectively on individual areas and drive the car you'll be able to pinpoint the actual point of origin. Then change the rubber// (though that's not something you'd have to worry about if you bought something a bit more Japanese :)

Edited by Watchman
  • Like 2

• MADZ featured and unfeatured this topic