• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Viva Elite Community

chamcg

Guys now i can here a tick tick" sound from the steering wheel when i take bend (not every time). does this because of Shocks mount ? is there any sound coming for that issue?..

now more than 18000kms

I'm not sure about the Viva Elite but some cars make a ticking sound from the steering column when taking a bend (that requires turning the wheel a couple of full rounds) while the turn signal is on (in the direction of the turn). This is because of the turn signal auto-off mechanism going over the signal lever when the steering wheel turns, which of course is very normal.

But if this is a recent development, this might not be the case.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
You'll certainly need to give a lot more information for us to help you. Things like 'sounds' cant easily be diagnosed remotely. For starters...

1. Are you sure it's from the steering wheel?

2. Is it only 2 ticks? Or is it continuous?

3. Is it only while the steering is being rotated, or is it as long as the steering is not straight

1. Yes i can here the sound from streetin wheel

2. it s continus. Somethin like dragin rubber belt

3. it s only when streeing is bein rotatin

Some said this could be due to rubber bush of CV joint. But i have no idea.. Have to wait til few more weeks to go to unimo coz so busy these days.. Your adivice greatly appriciated

• 1 month later...

I was seeking for an exact cabin filter made for Perodua Viva Elite and finally had with Janatha Motors, Panthikawatta . (Chaminda Thushara 0713190234)

It was a kit of ; cabin air filter, bracket and self stick protective sponge strip.

This bracket is very helpful for proper installation.

VivaCabinAirFilter_zps62670c66.jpg

Previous readings.

http://peroduavivaez.blogspot.com/2011/01/cabin-filter-aka-air-cond-filter.html

http://translate.google.lk/translate?hl=en&sl=ms&u=http%3A%2F%2Fcikgunas.net%2Fbahan-pengajaran-dan-pembelajaran%2Fcabin-filter&prev=%2Fsearch%3Fq%3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fcikgunas.net%2Fbahan-pengajaran-dan-pembelajaran%2Fcabin-filter%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26hs%3DzY6%26tbo%3Dd%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&sa=X&ei=-O8PUZaTMsXyrQeF9YHwCA&ved=0CDAQ7gEwAA

Edited by Sampath Gunasekera
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Guys small thing wanna know..

Does anybody knows a good place in colombo to do the viva elite engine tune. I did with Unimo one time and it s very expensive

Also does is necessary to do the tune up every 20000km..

What are the items normally do for tuneup

is it air fliter replace , plugs change and throttle body clean

Viva engine doesn't have anything magical on it. It's a normal daihatsu engine. Any competent mechanic with the right gear should be able to do it.

But the problem is many engine tuning pro's do not take Viva for Engine tuning. Eg. We normally go to Mr Dhammika for engine tuning but he does not take Viva for tuning. Also to not that the OBD scanner which i had did not work for Viva (not sure about the new ones). I guess that could be a reason that engine tuning places are limited. (Please correct me if i'm wrong)..

KMeeg.

This is what Unit#d Mot#rs follows at Engine tune up for Viva Elite.

(I clicked those while doing mine at 20,000km.)

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.488114444567656&type=1

Sampath,

I see that they do replacing stuff and cleaning stuff. But did they check or did any engine tuning? You know like they fix that timing machine (the one with a flickering light) and adjusting air and gas and adjust certain things. To check whether the engine is tuned to give maximum fuel economy and optimum performance, set proper idle rpm, etc... (Sorry i have no idea about the technical terms). Doesn't Unimo do those after replacing Air Filter, spark plugs, cleaning throttle-body, etc... ?

KMeeg.

Sampath,

I see that they do replacing stuff and cleaning stuff. But did they check or did any engine tuning? You know like they fix that timing machine (the one with a flickering light) and adjusting air and gas and adjust certain things. To check whether the engine is tuned to give maximum fuel economy and optimum performance, set proper idle rpm, etc... (Sorry i have no idea about the technical terms). Doesn't Unimo do those after replacing Air Filter, spark plugs, cleaning throttle-body, etc... ?

KMeeg.

No I haven't seen such a thing rather than cleaning and replacing air filter and spark plugs, within the procedure . I stayed with the vehicle through out the job. Even bill says analyzing electronics no such thing done.

I want to know that, is there some steps/activities missing? Because I have my next tuneup in end of this month (40000km).

No I haven't seen such a thing rather than cleaning and replacing air filter and spark plugs, within the procedure . I stayed with the vehicle through out the job. Even bill says analyzing electronics no such thing done.

I want to know that, is there some steps/activities missing? Because I have my next tuneup in end of this month (40000km).

I'm not sure what is the procedure for Viva. But when i take a car (Not the Viva) for engine tune up to Mr Dhammika first thing he do is change spark plugs and clean other necessary parts and fix his equipment (some complected machine with lots of wires and meters) to the engine and start the tuning process. Once the process is done he gives a print-out of his tuning values. As an end user what you get is improved fuel efficiency, increase performance and a smooth engine.

KMeeg.

Sampath,

KMeeg.

In EFI engines (most of them), adjusting air to fuel ratio is not done because it's managed by the ECU. What you are referring to is done on old carbureted engines. The flickering light is a timing torch and timing is managed by the ECU in modern cars (including the Viva Elite I'm sure) and there is no adjustment required. But a diagnostic scan has not been done here which is what you are concerned about I guess.

Sampath, I think they've covered pretty much everything that needs to be done in a standard EFI engine tuneup. "Analyzing Electronics" probably refers to running a diagnostic scan while your car is plugged into an electronic device that displays parameters from all sensors and info. about how the engine is running. Not sure why this was not done, but maybe you can ask them next time. The mech there will probably do it for you if you ask.

I think they've covered pretty much everything that needs to be done in a standard EFI engine tuneup. "Analyzing Electronics" probably refers to running a diagnostic scan while your car is plugged into an electronic device that displays parameters from all sensors and info

Yes i saw this. They used a small electronic hand held device and scan the engine after accelerating. But i think tune up is very expensive if we can find a place in outside that s worth. Coz spark plugs and air filter altogether cost maximum 4500-5000

I think they've covered pretty much everything that needs to be done in a standard EFI engine tuneup. "Analyzing Electronics" probably refers to running a diagnostic scan while your car is plugged into an electronic device that displays parameters from all sensors and info

Yes i saw this. They used a small electronic hand held device and scan the engine after accelerating. But i think tune up is very expensive if we can find a place in outside that s worth. Coz spark plugs and air filter altogether cost maximum 4500-5000

Hi Udararaj,

When i had the Viva i tried many times contacting Perodua to find out what is the scanning protocol that they use but they did not help me (or rather ignored me). :) If any of you guys try to find it, it will be great for others.

What i'm trying to tell is I use a cheapo OBD scanner which i use often to diagnose the car. I only spent around $10 from ebay to get it when i was in SL. It comes with a software CD which you can use with a windows pc with bluetooth connection or any Android phone with an app like 'Torque' (I hv put the link below). There are many useful features available with this little gadget. But unfortunately i was unable to use this for Viva even though it exactly fits to Viva data port which locates under the steering wheel. So if any of you could find a cheap unit which supports a Viva it would be great.

Below is some info of what i have. You may need to find a similar cheap device for Viva.

The device - http://www.ebay.com/itm/ELM327-A-V2-1-OBD2-OBDII-Bluetooth-Adapter-Auto-Scanner-TORQUE-ANDROID-/291137389580?hash=item43c924040c&item=291137389580&pt=Motors_Automotive_Tools&vxp=mtr

Here's what you can use this for - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.prowl.torque

Hope this helps,

KMeeg.

Guys! Since we are on the subject of OBD scanners, could anyone confirm if these cheap scanners off eBay work with JDM vehicles ? Cars such as FB15 and Bluebird sylphy ?

Guys! Since we are on the subject of OBD scanners, could anyone confirm if these cheap scanners off eBay work with JDM vehicles ? Cars such as FB15 and Bluebird sylphy ?

I think you will find more info about this on this thread.

• Like 1

In EFI engines (most of them), adjusting air to fuel ratio is not done because it's managed by the ECU. What you are referring to is done on old carbureted engines. The flickering light is a timing torch and timing is managed by the ECU in modern cars (including the Viva Elite I'm sure) and there is no adjustment required. But a diagnostic scan has not been done here which is what you are concerned about I guess.

Sampath, I think they've covered pretty much everything that needs to be done in a standard EFI engine tuneup. "Analyzing Electronics" probably refers to running a diagnostic scan while your car is plugged into an electronic device that displays parameters from all sensors and info. about how the engine is running. Not sure why this was not done, but maybe you can ask them next time. The mech there will probably do it for you if you ask.

Thanks Davy.

After next tuneup, I will update you all.

• 4 weeks later...
But the problem is many engine tuning pro's do not take Viva for Engine tuning. Eg. We normally go to Mr Dhammika for engine tuning but he does not take Viva for tuning. Also to not that the OBD scanner which i had did not work for Viva (not sure about the new ones). I guess that could be a reason that engine tuning places are limited. (Please correct me if i'm wrong)..

KMeeg.

Today engine tuneup done (40k) at Unit#d Mot#rs-Orugodawatta.

If something doubtful only, they check by scanner. (They used scanner to double check RPM since soon after engine tune up RPM was little higher & however later reached to normal values )

Unit#d Mot#rs use Dihatsu scanner for Perodua Viva Elite as Perodua Viva Elite is a re-badged version of Daihatsu Charade/Mira L251.

In the menu need to select the model as L251 & engine type as EJ-VE.

Hence scanners possible with Daihatsu (L251) can be used for Perodua Viva Elite.

scanner2_zpsf3cd8e40.jpg

PS. Special thank to Davy for being my remote adviser throughout the day. :appl:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I don't like that front grill at all. The head lights feels like incomplete. Still love the Viva Elite which has a good shape for a small hatch back than having a big front grill like it has a big engine to cool.. (May be i have this thinking since i've owned Viva) :medium-smiley-037:

BTW front looks a little similar -

Untitled_zps3689fb1c.jpg

Edited by kmeeg

• 1 month later...

Unit#d Mot#rs to discontinue selling the current Viva Elite as per this news article. Owners might want to check up with UniMo on what to do about availability of spares and stuff.

Couldn't locate an English translation of the article.

Edited by Davy
  • Like 2

Unit#d Mot#rs to discontinue selling the current Viva Elite as per this news article. Owners might want to check up with UniMo on what to do about availability of spares and stuff.

Couldn't locate an English translation of the article.

As far as I know Unimo has been already sold over 14,000 units of Viva Elte+Viva in Sri Lanka.

When I order mine in March 2011, it was very difficult to see at least three Viva Elites per day in Colombo. :)

Now Viva/Viva elite is too old.

Successor Perodua Axia is already launched in Malaysia and this is the ideal time to launch in Sri Lanka with import tax reduction.

Spares won't be a problem I think, as Unimo still supply Kelisa spares too. And couple of other suppliers in the market also supply Viva spares.

• 2 months later...
  • MADZ featured and unfeatured this topic