• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Viva Elite Community

chamcg

If I had that money I would have got a BMW E series without second thought.. U could easily buy one and do full restore as well.and if lucky still some money would be left for fuel.. just my 2 cents

If I had that money I would have got a BMW E series without second thought.. U could easily buy one and do full restore as well.and if lucky still some money would be left for fuel.. just my 2 cents

???

Tottaly out of thread I agree.I was saying if I had that money(say 2m), a BMW e28 or something would be my choice... all around better than these creepy vivas.. even a mk1 mini cooper would leave the vivas in the dust

Edited by fiat fan

Tottaly out of thread I agree.I was saying if I had that money(say 2m), a BMW e28 or something would be my choice... all around better than these creepy vivas.. even a mk1 mini cooper would leave the vivas in the dust

OT was fine. I just didn't get what you meant by the BMW E Series.

By this logic it covers everything for E3 to E93

Sorry I dont know much abt BMWs. Thats why I mentioned E series in genaral

So your choice is a car (or cars) you "dont know much about"? :rolleyes:

OT was fine. I just didn't get what you meant by the BMW E Series.

By this logic it covers everything for E3 to E93

The 121/allion crowd seem to be migrating these days bro... Sadly BMWs are becoming the new 'cool' thing. It's no longer about trumping your neighbour's G grade axio with a X-grade or whatever... It's about buying a German car to trump a Japanese car..

how many kilometer have u guys travelled with blinking fuel indicator? (low fuel indicator)

btw i have travelled 35km's http://forum.autolanka.com/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/biggrin.png (fuel consuption is 12km/l) any other figures please comment..

Aha....!

That explains why quite a few Viva Elites are road-hogging in broad daylight, to the sheer frustration of all other drivers trailing behind. They are participating in the "longest distance with blinking fuel warning competition"

• Like 1

Aha....!

That explains why quite a few Viva Elites are road-hogging in broad daylight, to the sheer frustration of all other drivers trailing behind. They are participating in the "longest distance with blinking fuel warning competition"

ahhahha... :sport-smiley-004:

So your choice is a car (or cars) you "dont know much about"? :rolleyes:

The 121/allion crowd seem to be migrating these days bro... Sadly BMWs are becoming the new 'cool' thing. It's no longer about trumping your neighbour's G grade axio with a X-grade or whatever... It's about buying a German car to trump a Japanese car..

Well nobody knows anything the moment they were born... u learn it as u grow... in BMW..in time ull learn with passio

Well nobody knows anything the moment they were born... u learn it as u grow... in BMW..in time ull learn with passio

My point is that even though you dont 'know' about it you seem to 'want' it.

How come you don't want a Fiat? Considering your handle...

Excuse the little kid.. They see something and they want.. and then they see the next shiny car and start wanting that instead...

Well I cudnt buy that fiat because of a cash block.. I own only a chaly and a Mk3 mini cooper.ill post the pics later... that is all I can afford. I was saying IF I had the money I would get a bmw.sadly I dont

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="fiat fan" data-cid="239418" data-time="1368011360"><p>

Well I cudnt buy that fiat because of a cash block.. I own only a chaly and a Mk3 mini cooper.ill post the pics later... that is all I can afford. I was saying IF I had the money I would get a bmw.sadly I dont</p></blockquote>

I had money and I have two more cars other than the viva elite that includes a BMW 320D. Bur there is a reason why i bought the viva elite. Every one has their reasons and choices. So no need of recommendations on cars from you. Stop trolling if you can't help.

• Like 1

Can you please tell me what is wrong with VIVA. comparing to the price we pay it is a decent and reliable car!!!!

"Car ekaknam Japanma wewa

Japan wunath eya Toytama wewa

Elite Maruti Kambas wewa

Hithana pandiwarun thawa wedi wewa"

:sport-smiley-004:

This is the poor mentality of some of our members and also the answer for your question as I feel.

Viva Elite is not the best car in the world.

Within the period which import tax reduced, Viva Elites was a good option around price Rs.1,600,000/= (A/T). That's why 4446 units of Viva Elites sold in Sri Lanka within Financial Year 2011/2012 and total is about 8,000 units at the moment. (Present price Rs. 2.4 million is not worth as I feel and you have more options).

Toyota, Nissan are very goods brands. No doubt.

But these guys never talk about the mass recalls of Toyota.

All the mistakes you found in Viva Elites and Marutis. :sport-smiley-004:

I love all cars well maintained & brand is immaterial for me. :smilie_liebe9:

For me, in hot day time, driving a Maruti with A/C functioning properly, is better than driving an old Toyota which A/C not functioning....

This is my two cents....

( I am a Viva Elite owner, completed 24,000km within two years, and it is worth for me for the price I paid Rs1,590,000/= in 2011 May.)

Edited by Sampath Gunasekera
  • Like 1

At around 1.4-1.6mill in the 2011-2012 period the viva was good value for money car,

It will protect the passengers from rain and heat and take them to their destination.

But at 2.4 mill it is outrageous,

If some one walks into the company with 2.4mill to buy one.

I'd gift him with a classified paper,

and if he refuses will refer him to a psychiatrist.

• Like 1

At around 1.4-1.6mill in the 2011-2012 period the viva was good value for money car,

It will protect the passengers from rain and heat and take them to their destination.

But at 2.4 mill it is outrageous,

If some one walks into the company with 2.4mill to buy one.

I'd gift him with a classified paper,

and if he refuses will refer him to a psychiatrist.

I agree with you, now with the tax increase any brandnew car is unreachable to an average Sri Lankan. because of the exaggerated price imposed by the government.

Since there's a lot of people here recommending other vehicles over a viva elite, what exactly do you thing would be a better solution compared to a manual viva elite ? Considering the fuel economy and the year of manufacture ? I would like to know cos I might sell my elite and buy one of those if seems to be better than elite.

( I am a Viva Elite owner, completed 24,000km within two years, and it is worth for me for the price I paid Rs1,590,000/= in 2011 May.)

Sampath,

Do you have any issues with the interior plastics??? Switches etc??? Any issues in closing all the doors with the shutters fully up?

Since there's a lot of people here recommending other vehicles over a viva elite, what exactly do you thing would be a better solution compared to a manual viva elite ? Considering the fuel economy and the year of manufacture ? I would like to know cos I might sell my elite and buy one of those if seems to be better than elite.

am not using a elite. but i i have driven elites in few times. for an average person who don't wants to kick the gas pedal to its end expecting more km p\l yes it a simple car.

perception from one individual to other will be totally different.now are your going to sell your elite now by considering others comments?

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="maheshw" data-cid="239550" data-time="1368112164"><p>

am not using a elite. but i i have driven elites in few times. for an average person who don't wants to kick the gas pedal to its end expecting more km p\l yes it a simple car.<br />

perception from one individual to other will be totally different.now are your going to sell your elite now by considering others comments? </p></blockquote>

If someone could pont out at a better solution then I might. At the moment the viva elite totally fits into my requirement. I would just like to hear those alternative solution and that might help other people considering buying an elite as well.

Most of those people commented here sounds like they know about a car which has the price of an Indian bike, fuel economy of a Prius and build quality of a German car. But unfortunately non of them reveal what that car is.

Sampath,

Do you have any issues with the interior plastics??? Switches etc??? Any issues in closing all the doors with the shutters fully up?

I have a 2011 Elite too (Odo 20000 km). The root I drive the car is not that good. But so far no such a problem at all. Only problem is Bikers and the Three-Wheelers at a traffic :sport-smiley-005:.

I have a 2011 Elite too (Odo 20000 km). The root I drive the car is not that good. But so far no such a problem at all. Only problem is Bikers and the Three-Wheelers at a traffic :sport-smiley-005:.

Now this is not a issue limited to you guys now is it?

IMO this thread could have been used to have a valuable discussion about Viva Elite. But the opportunity was missed by some Elite owners themselves, as one posted about the distance run while fuel warning light is on and a few others joined the band wagon.

• MADZ featured and unfeatured this topic