• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

ECU Nissan N16

Deeshana

Question

Hey guy I've got a Nissan N16 ii (N17) 1.3 Manual 2003.

There was an issue with the ECU and 2 cylinders were not firing properly. The garage told that the ECU is damaged and I replaced it. ( This was about 2 years ago, and the car isn't used much.) I replaced it and it was alright I didn't notice any issues back then. Not sure about fuel economy because I didn't use the car. After the Ecu was replaced the car was left without use for around an year.

Recently I've found out that the ECU is from an Auto version and it gives a P0600 Error when scanned. But when replacing the ECU we tried out different ECUs and the automatic ones didn't even start the car, I thought this was a manual ECU.

However I was wrong, and the car has some performance delay when going at around 3k rpm, for example when accelerating under normal gas the rpm would stop at 3k for around 2 seconds then it would advance higher. And the only way to make it go above 3k sometimes is to downshift and rev harder.

The main issue is that the fuel consumption is higher than normal, I haven't been using this car for a long time (Locked up in a garage at granny's) but when I started using this again (4 months) I felt the fuel consumption is really high even if babied out (6kpl Colombo with AC). The MAF failed and fuel pump failed I replaced both of them as well.

Last week I went to get my emissions certificate and realised the ECO test was failed and the fuel told me theres a lot of fuel wasted. I did tune ups about 2 months back when I started to use this car. But the fuel consumption isn't fixed and the rpm issue either.

Is there a way to get my old Factory ECU fixed so that I can be still using that ECU instead of the Automatic one installed? Is there a trusted place to get this fixed?

Thank you in advance.

Unknown-2.jpeg

3 answers to this question

I remember seeing this thread before, was that you ?  anyways read this thread it may have some answers you are looking for. 

This guy has got his ECU fixed from a place in Ja-ela

This is a good read too..

Edited by NRX

Hi Machan..

I can give you the no of my mechanic. he does a good job in terms of electrical stuff including ECU's (im pretty sure he is in a position to resolve ur previous ecu issue)

If interested please call Vipula motors on 0722 - 196 030

I've got some good news. For the emissions test what I've did was bought some SOLTRON and went on some high speed runs that got my emissions passed. I kept the AC on while doing the test. Because the idle part of the test was failed.