• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

bmwe34

akilasanka

Question

hi guys,

planning to buy my first car and I have a budget arount 1.5 million ..and I felt in love with e34..520I and found one around 9 laks and went through it has issue with transmission as wel few wirring issues , front suspensions. and i live in Dubai i can arrange the parts as i have a friend of mine who owned a parts shop. my question is will i be able to restore the engine and latter turbo tune..is it worth to go for this car? and latter on i have a idea to do interior and body modification...kindly advice..my budget for the restore and modification is around 7 laks..

tnxx cheers.

8 answers to this question

Considering all aspects of age, known issues, and brand relative to where you are, NO.  The car is best valued as a doner for spares themselves.

Q:  Any idea of the A/c? you'll die without it.in the Middle East.  :sad-smiley-067:

Edited by Twin Turbo
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, akilasanka said:

hi guys,

planning to buy my first car and I have a budget arount 1.5 million ..and I felt in love with e34..520I and found one around 9 laks and went through it has issue with transmission as wel few wirring issues , front suspensions. and i live in Dubai i can arrange the parts as i have a friend of mine who owned a parts shop. my question is will i be able to restore the engine and latter turbo tune..is it worth to go for this car? and latter on i have a idea to do interior and body modification...kindly advice..my budget for the restore and modification is around 7 laks..

tnxx cheers.

Is the actual car in Sri Lanka or in Dubai? If it's in Dubai then don't bother, just spend the money on something else. If it's in Lanka and the body and trim is good, then you should be fine.

I was gonna buy a 34 as my first car around 2-3 years back I'm thankful someone talked me out of it. I wouldn't recommend it to you as a first car because you will be pushing it it will be parked at a garage for months. If you really want one buy a well taken care of car with all the records that will be around 2.0Mil. 

• Like 1

Considering all aspects of age, known issues, and brand relative to where you are, NO.  The car is best valued as a doner for spares themselves.

Q:  Any idea of the A/c? you'll die without it.in the Middle East.  :sad-smiley-067:

a/c is fine car is in srilanka and i will be using it here ony...(sl)..