• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Maruti Alto or Renault KWID

sathmal

9 minutes ago, matroska said:

phew that looks grisly probably the alto was tossed about after the initial collision 

Yep. I think so. As per the article, the alto was hit by the Honda FIT and it must have been tossed.

Just now, matroska said:

phew that looks grisly probably the alto was tossed about after the initial collision.  This version of the Honda in the accident comes with a collision detection/braking system doesn't it?

EDIT : It's called City Active Breaking  and found out that "  this system activated only within 5~30 km/h *" so obviously not applicable here.

I thought the GP5 doesn't have that feature.

Met this guy in a Maruti 800 while I was going back home last night.

I know that some people find stupid ways of justifying the wrong decisions they made but this is probably the epitome of it.

The text in the rear window might not be very clear; It says "NO AIR BAGS. I DIE LIKE REAL MEN.." LOL…:D:D

20160720_201156.jpg

20160720_201149.jpg

25 minutes ago, LashNeo said:

I know that some people find stupid ways of justifying the wrong decisions they made but this is probably the epitome of it.

The text in the rear window might not be very clear; It says "NO AIR BAGS. I DIE LIKE REAL MEN.." LOL…:D:D

20160720_201156.jpg

20160720_201149.jpg

that kind of bravado just makes you feel sorry for him... 

On 7/21/2016 at 11:26 AM, LashNeo said:

20160720_201156.jpg

20160720_201149.jpg

Did you check the driver? he couldv been driving naked like a real chimpanzee

On 7/21/2016 at 11:53 AM, matroska said:

that kind of bravado just makes you feel sorry for him... 

He hee.. i just couldn't understand this fellow’s definition of 'REAL MEN'.

As per him;

by sacrificing your life un-purposefully, on a cheap Maruti; you become a 'REAL MAN'.

So what’s next? Building shrines for Maruti’s? :D

32 minutes ago, Quiet said:

Did you check the driver? he couldv been driving naked like a real chimpanzee

Ha haa.. ! I tried my best to get a glimpse of him. But i missed him partly because i was trying to get a clear capture of his slogan and partly because he was switching lanes like a maniac.

1 hour ago, LashNeo said:

Ha haa.. ! I tried my best to get a glimpse of him. But i missed him partly because i was trying to get a clear capture of his slogan and partly because he was switching lanes like a maniac.

so seems he's well on the way to his 'real-man death' 

On 7/21/2016 at 11:26 AM, LashNeo said:

Here is a clear image.

CTqhxdlWEAAJNw9.jpg

• 1 year later...

Both the hatchbacks have better mileage, superior looks and best in class interior features. Here, I have highlight the pros and cons of both the car, Have a look

Renault Kwid

renault-kwid-ice-cool-white.png.9a3eceffe411794a6c1714b746d7b6b1.png
The Renault Kwid price is 3.74 Lakh
Pros:

• Good power and torque output
  • Impressive exterior styling and features
  • Satisfactory fuel efficiency

Cons:

• Interior trim quality is not good
  • The rear seat is a bit cramped
  • Safety features are not enough

Maruti Alto:

59cb5f1e5cf13_marutialto.png.5cc58d2f836d83806e723199e9cab6da.png
The Maruti Alto price is 3.72 Lakh

Pros:

• Best-in-class fuel efficiency
  • Competitively priced and economical
  • Low cost of maintenance and after-sale service

Cons:

• Outdated design and styling
  • Low seating makes ingress and egress cumbersome

For more details, refer 

Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 VS Renault Kwid

1 hour ago, vag2 said:

Both have high safety risks,NCAP crash rating 0/5. Both should be banned in my opinion.

Only on the safety, company can't ban their model. For your information Renault kwid having more than 3 lakhs searches in a month which is very high as compare to other car in the market.  Even if they have the zero ncpa rating people are searching and buying them which directly benefits the company.   

32 minutes ago, Alisha Hessle said:

Only on the safety, company can't ban their model. For your information Renault kwid having more than 3 lakhs searches in a month which is very high as compare to other car in the market.  Even if they have the zero ncpa rating people are searching and buying them which directly benefits the company.   

yes company has no responsibility about risking the lives of people who buy these cars. Those who know about safety ratings will never buy such cars,as proven by many accidents involving these cars where the survival rate is extremely low similar to 3-wheelers. These cars have NO RIGID BODY STRUCTURE that can protect the passengers from deadly injuries in case of a crash. if in another country,many users will sue the Company for selling such unsafe products!

2 hours ago, Alisha Hessle said:

Yes people look for this and buy them, we know ! what exactly is your point ?

The point vag brought up was about safety, what is the relevance of web searches to safety ?

And no one here told the company to "Ban" these models, we simply advice people not to buy these when there are better alternatives.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Alisha Hessle said:

searches don't mean a damn -  i'm sure there are searches in the 'lakhs' range about Ebola, Cancer, Ring worms, halitosis , herpes etc. :D  

• Haha 1

On 9/28/2017 at 9:43 AM, matroska said:

searches don't mean a damn -  i'm sure there are searches in the 'lakhs' range about Ebola, Cancer, Ring worms, halitosis , herpes etc. :D  

Acc. to my search, Renault Kwid is at the top of the google searches due to its look and interior features.

On 9/27/2017 at 7:20 PM, The Stig said:

Yes people look for this and buy them, we know ! what exactly is your point ?

The point vag brought up was about safety, what is the relevance of web searches to safety ?

And no one here told the company to "Ban" these models, we simply advice people not to buy these when there are better alternatives.

Hello stig,

I agree with the point that you have mentioned about the safety but my point was even though the car has the zero rating in the car test after knowing this people look out for the car due to its good look and cheap prices.  

On 9/27/2017 at 4:52 PM, vag2 said:

yes company has no responsibility about risking the lives of people who buy these cars. Those who know about safety ratings will never buy such cars,as proven by many accidents involving these cars where the survival rate is extremely low similar to 3-wheelers. These cars have NO RIGID BODY STRUCTURE that can protect the passengers from deadly injuries in case of a crash. if in another country,many users will sue the Company for selling such unsafe products!

I agree with your point vag...