• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Welcome to the Upgraded AL Forum 2016 !!

MADZ

2 hours ago, MADZ said:

The Stig, Can you please try below steps and see if that helps ?

Chrome for Android

1. Launch the Chrome app.
  2. Tap the device's Menu button | tap Settings.
  3. Tap Privacy.
  4. Tap Clear Browsing Data.
  5. Check Clear the cache and Clear cookies, site data, then tap Clear.

If that doesn't solve your issue can you please let me know your Android device make & model number. I will do some further investigation when possible. 

Hi trinity, the 3/4 screen is not an issue for mobile devices. The forum use responsive templates and it will automatically adjust contents based on different display sizes. The Stig is having some other issue most probably specific to his mobile device configuration.

I just noticed that this issue is there only on this thread. 

Browsed in incognito mode and checked, have a look at the screenshot. There is an element that is out of bound. Probably a problem with css. 

Device is an xperia z3,  1920x1080 resolution. 

sketch-1467869652226.png

Edited by The Stig

• MADZ pinned this topic
On 7/7/2016 at 8:08 AM, Davy said:

Also, I think previous user attachment images are gone from the Profile > My Attachments. Some users still use this and I saw a few broken links while browsing. But wow, the attachment quota now is nearly 1 gb! Earlier it was just a few megabytes.

Just finished migrating old AL attachments...now you should be able to see them and broken links should be fixed. However, we cannot guarantee any 3'rd party hosted image upload services since we have no control over them. eg: imageshack

34 minutes ago, MADZ said:

Just finished migrating old AL attachments...now you should be able to see them and broken links should be fixed. However, we cannot guarantee any 3'rd party hosted image upload services since we have no control over them. eg: imageshack

Hey MADZ, Check this post for example, still broken links to attachments. Not sure if this is because this particular post was made on the 29th of June which was close to when you guys carried out the upgrade.

On 7/7/2016 at 3:41 PM, The Stig said:

I just noticed that this issue is there only on this thread. 

Browsed in incognito mode and checked, have a look at the screenshot. There is an element that is out of bound. Probably a problem with css. 

Device is an xperia z3,  1920x1080 resolution. 

@The Stigunfortunately I cannot reproduce this at my-end. Anyway, I will open up a ticket with forum software developers and see how it goes.

On 7/8/2016 at 5:32 PM, Davy said:

Hey MADZ, Check this post for example, still broken links to attachments. Not sure if this is because this particular post was made on the 29th of June which was close to when you guys carried out the upgrade.

I managed to locate those files but seems like they were corrupted. Would be great if @terrabytetango could re-upload them. 

I can confirm that I'm having the same issue as The Stig. Although the issue isn't there on every page, it definitely is there when viewing this thread - if that makes it easier for you guys to reproduce it. 

Device is a OnePlus One with Chrome running Android 6.0.1.

18 hours ago, Davy said:

I can confirm that I'm having the same issue as The Stig. Although the issue isn't there on every page, it definitely is there when viewing this thread - if that makes it easier for you guys to reproduce it. 

Device is a OnePlus One with Chrome running Android 6.0.1.

If you happen to notice this issue in another thread please let me know. Then I can compare and see if it's related to the contents posted in the thread. Thanks

2 hours ago, Crosswind said:

How do I get rid of "would you like to recieve notifications" nag? Its pissing me off big time.

Mostly I'm using Chrome and it ask me only once. Pls see if this helps...
http://techdows.com/2015/12/disable-firefox-push-notifications.html

On 7/9/2016 at 1:22 PM, MADZ said:

If you happen to notice this issue in another thread please let me know. Then I can compare and see if it's related to the contents posted in the thread. Thanks

Mostly I'm using Chrome and it ask me only once. Pls see if this helps...
http://techdows.com/2015/12/disable-firefox-push-notifications.html

HI MADZ,

The issue seems to be in one of the forum plug-ins used for spell checking. It appears you guys are using Grammerly to do spell checking, but the CSS associated with the buttons don't seem to be working properly.

Please see the screenshot below. There are random numbers appearing on the right pane of the page (particularly on this thread). This is what The Stig highlighted before with a mobile screenshot. The number appears to be associated with the number of grammatical errors in quoted posts.

AL Issue.jpg

Removing the inline style highlighted in blue above brings the text back into the middle pane (I believe that's where the text should be) which should fix the blank space issue in mobile.

Hope this helps.

• Like 2

On 7/10/2016 at 4:33 PM, Davy said:

Removing the inline style highlighted in blue above brings the text back into the middle pane (I believe that's where the text should be) which should fix the blank space issue in mobile.

Hope this helps.

Hi Davy, Thanks for investigating into detail. I cleaned up the unwanted tags which was added by 3rd party plugin grammarly in some of the posts under this thread. Now you guys should be able to see this thread properly. There is no need to change any existing styles in the forum software. Those unwanted tags added into the post as a result of that 3'rd party plugin.

6 minutes ago, MADZ said:

Hi Davy, Thanks for investigating into detail. I cleaned up the unwanted tags which was added by 3rd party plugin grammarly in some of the posts under this thread. Now you guys should be able to see this thread properly. There is no need to change any existing styles in the forum software. Those unwanted tags added into the post as a result of that 3'rd party plugin.

Yes! That seems to have fixed it. :)

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Hi @MADZ,

Just a small question/issue I have observed on forums on mobile. I'm sharing this here just in case other members have also experienced this.

It isn't seem to be possible to delete a quote block once it has been inserted into the text editor. I have been trying several things like pressing backspace, trying to select all and delete, trying to delete the text inside the quote etc, but none of these seem to work. On desktop however, there are three or four ways to do this and they all work as expected.

How to re-produce issue on mobile:

1. Press "Quote" link on any post in any thread
  2. Once the quote block is inserted into the text editor, try to remove it.

Other info:

• Environment:  Android 6.0.1, Chrome 55.0 (latest)
  • Issue exists irrespective of which keyboard app used
  • Issue exists on default Google Keyboard and SwiftKey keyboard but works on Helakuru keyboard

I have Googled this a bit and found out that this might be an issue with IP Board itself. Please see link below. I have tried suggestions made in this thread and none of them seem to work.
https://invisionpower.com/forums/topic/424666-quote-removal-still-no-good-in-41/

Just wondering if you guys are aware of this issue and if there is a workaround.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Davy
Corrected information as per response below

52 minutes ago, Jor-el said:

@Davy I switched the keyboard to Helakuru Sinhala keyboard and the issue was gone, default android keyboard switches the cursor into the quote block instead of deleting the whole block 

Yes, it switches the cursor into the quote block instead of deleting it.

I have the Helakuru keyboard installed, but not too keen using it all the time. I just switch to it whenever I need to type in Sinhala. The rest of the time I use SwiftKey which is the best one I've found so far. But it's good to know there is this kind of workaround for now at least. Thanks for that!

I just checked Helakuru and I can confirm it works for me too.

Guys,

How come this is not honored now came across several ads, thought it was first verified by AL then published??

When uploading photos to the Ad please ensure 
  • The vehicle is photographed in such a way that the front and rear view is shown with the number plate fully visible to indicate the vehicle is registered or unregistered. 
  • If it is an unregistered vehicle make sure that the area surrounding the vehicle shows typical Sri Lankan background. This will prevent people posting Sample Photos from web

http://www.autolanka.com/view/audi/q7/35090.html

Following Ad is a magazine images and i saw another

http://www.autolanka.com/view/peugeot/406/34958.html

without a plate visible or looks to me in another country maybe.

Hopefully this question might be moved on to a proper thread but thought of posting here to see if @MADZ might be able to shed some light on :)

On 09/01/2017 at 8:02 PM, Muditha420 said:

Guys,

How come this is not honored now came across several ads, thought it was first verified by AL then published??

When uploading photos to the Ad please ensure 
  • The vehicle is photographed in such a way that the front and rear view is shown with the number plate fully visible to indicate the vehicle is registered or unregistered. 
  • If it is an unregistered vehicle make sure that the area surrounding the vehicle shows typical Sri Lankan background. This will prevent people posting Sample Photos from web

http://www.autolanka.com/view/audi/q7/35090.html

Following Ad is a magazine images and i saw another

http://www.autolanka.com/view/peugeot/406/34958.html

without a plate visible or looks to me in another country maybe.

Hopefully this question might be moved on to a proper thread but thought of posting here to see if @MADZ might be able to shed some light on :)

@Muditha420 When it comes to online classifieds, we have been maintaining high quality and standards in the past and even now we are trying our level best to maintain it when ever possible. However when other competitor sites allow advertisers to advertise with out restrictions it's hard for us to maintain such rules such as fully visible number plates ect. But I agree with you on posting magazine images and sample images. I will advice our team to be more strict on Ad verification in the future. Thanks for pointing it out.

On 09/01/2017 at 0:38 PM, Davy said:

Hi @MADZ,

Just a small question/issue I have observed on forums on mobile. I'm sharing this here just in case other members have also experienced this.

It isn't seem to be possible to delete a quote block once it has been inserted into the text editor. I have been trying several things like pressing backspace, trying to select all and delete, trying to delete the text inside the quote etc, but none of these seem to work. On desktop however, there are three or four ways to do this and they all work as expected.

How to re-produce issue on mobile:

1. Press "Quote" link on any post in any thread
  2. Once the quote block is inserted into the text editor, try to remove it.

Other info:

• Environment:  Android 6.0.1, Chrome 55.0 (latest)
  • Issue exists irrespective of which keyboard app used
  •  

Issue exists on default Google Keyboard and SwiftKey keyboard but works on Helakuru keyboard

I have Googled this a bit and found out that this might be an issue with IP Board itself. Please see link below. I have tried suggestions made in this thread and none of them seem to work.
https://invisionpower.com/forums/topic/424666-quote-removal-still-no-good-in-41/

Just wondering if you guys are aware of this issue and if there is a workaround.

Thanks in advance!

@Davy I managed to re-produce the issue, but could not find a permanent fix. Hopefully the IP Board team will release a patch to fix it soon. Till then the only temporally solution is to use either the default keyboard which comes with the phone itself (eg: Samsung Keyboard) or else install Helakuru keyboard as suggested by @Jor-el

1 hour ago, MADZ said:

@Muditha420 When it comes to online classifieds, we have been maintaining high quality and standards in the past and even now we are trying our level best to maintain it when ever possible. However when other competitor sites allow advertisers to advertise with out restrictions it's hard for us to maintain such rules such as fully visible number plates ect. But I agree with you on posting magazine images and sample images. I will advice our team to be more strict on Ad verification in the future. Thanks for pointing it out.

@MADZ I do understand that and thanks for the clarification... I bought this up coz one of my friends went to check a car n found out it was a complete different car from what was advertised... and if you want to check with the agents for service history as such would be impossible.

Mind you the above incident occurred on Quicksite for a similar ad... hate to see this site too crowded with junk^_^ Cheers Madz

7 hours ago, MADZ said:

@Davy I managed to re-produce the issue, but could not find a permanent fix. Hopefully the IP Board team will release a patch to fix it soon. Till then the only temporally solution is to use either the default keyboard which comes with the phone itself (eg: Samsung Keyboard) or else install Helakuru keyboard as suggested by @Jor-el

Thank you @MADZ