• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Welcome to the Upgraded AL Forum 2016 !!

MADZ

Hi Guys, check out new stuff added to AL forum. I hope you guys will make use of it wisely! 
The main site upgrade will be happening in few days time..so stay tuned !

Please leave your comments, suggestions and bugs below...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MADZ said:

Schiffer I think for that you need to click on "+Follow Member" button in other users profile. 

No. I just see others status updates below the Recent topics in right column. Did not click any +Follow Member links so far.

Awesome stuff MADZ! This is great! :)Looks like we had quite an old version of IPS forum.

I had trouble logging in because my display name (Davy) was not what I have been using so far to login (I may have requested my display name to be changed in the past). And this new version did not let me in when I used my old user name. I just tried "Davy" as the user name and it worked. If there are users who used a different user name from their display name on the forum, they'll probably have the same issue as me I think.

Also, I think previous user attachment images are gone from the Profile > My Attachments. Some users still use this and I saw a few broken links while browsing. But wow, the attachment quota now is nearly 1 gb! Earlier it was just a few megabytes.

Anyway,  the first thing I checked was whether the search function is better than the old version and guess what? It is! :) At least now we can hope members will search before posting new topics.

Great work again to MADZ and the AL team!

On 7/7/2016 at 8:08 AM, Davy said:

Awesome stuff MADZ! This is great! :)Looks like we had quite an old version of IPS forum.

I had trouble logging in because my display name (Davy) was not what I have been using so far to login (I may have requested my display name to be changed in the past). And this new version did not let me in when I used my old user name. I just tried "Davy" as the user name and it worked. If there are users who used a different user name from their display name on the forum, they'll probably have the same issue as me I think.

Also, I think previous user attachment images are gone from the Profile > My Attachments. Some users still use this and I saw a few broken links while browsing. But wow, the attachment quota now is nearly 1 gb! Earlier it was just a few megabytes.

Anyway,  the first thing I checked was whether the search function is better than the old version and guess what? It is! :) At least now we can hope members will search before posting new topics.

Great work again to MADZ and the AL team!

Yep, now the Display Name is used to log in to the forum. Thanks Davy for bringing this up so that rest of the members know what need to do.

We have increased individual total disk space to 1GB so that they can upload any number of attachments to AL Forum Posts, Blog or Gallery. Further, if any member needs more space we can upgrade the total space to next level which is 5GB provided that the member has posted valuable contents in AL community. :locomotive:

• Like 5

14 hours ago, MADZ said:

Hi Guys, check out new stuff added to AL forum. I hope you guys will make use of it wisely! 
The main site upgrade will be happening in few days time..so stay tuned !

Please leave your comments, suggestions and bugs below...

Hi madz, 

Looks good, but I think you might need to check the responsive views a bit. Screenshots attached,  

Screenshot_20160707-082503.png

Great Stuff MADZ. Impressive. Frankly i was bit worried earlier cuz of the time taken to deploy the forum back again. Must say im really happy with how it has turned out. Will check the features and let update you if there's anything to be attend to. 

Is it me or does everyone see the forum in just 3/4 of the screen. Seems like "Recent topics & Recent Status updates" eating up the screen space. I'd prefer it the old way. This might cause trouble viewing the forum on mobile devices which are relatively having small screens.

And finally thanks for the 1GB quota & for the wonderful effort you are giving to keep this forum up and running.

Cheers!

On 7/7/2016 at 1:00 PM, The Stig said:

Hi madz, 

Looks good, but I think you might need to check the responsive views a bit. Screenshots attached,  

Screenshot_20160707-082503.png

The Stig, Can you please try below steps and see if that helps ?

Chrome for Android

1. Launch the Chrome app.
  2. Tap the device's Menu button | tap Settings.
  3. Tap Privacy.
  4. Tap Clear Browsing Data.
  5. Check Clear the cache and Clear cookies, site data, then tap Clear.

If that doesn't solve your issue can you please let me know your Android device make & model number. I will do some further investigation when possible. 

On 7/7/2016 at 1:04 PM, trinity said:

Great Stuff MADZ. Impressive. Frankly i was bit worried earlier cuz of the time taken to deploy the forum back again. Must say im really happy with how it has turned out. Will check the features and let update you if there's anything to be attend to. 

Is it me or does everyone see the forum in just 3/4 of the screen. Seems like "Recent topics & Recent Status updates" eating up the screen space. I'd prefer it the old way. This might cause trouble viewing the forum on mobile devices which are relatively having small screens.

And finally thanks for the 1GB quota & for the wonderful effort you are giving to keep this forum up and running.

Cheers!

Hi trinity, the 3/4 screen is not an issue for mobile devices. The forum use responsive templates and it will automatically adjust contents based on different display sizes. The Stig is having some other issue most probably specific to his mobile device configuration.

30 minutes ago, PreseaLover said:

Also when a notification comes, in the previous layout an email use to come to my registered mail address, and now that email doesnt come... anyone else facing this issue?

Your notification settings might be messed up. 

http://forum.autolanka.com/notifications/options/

Edited by Davy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, trinity said:

Cheers!

Yep, I liked it the old way too. Apart from that everything else is great

• MADZ pinned this topic