• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Using A Sdhc Card With Japanese Car Setup

Shack

Question

I have a Toyota Aqua NHP 10. It has inbuilt hard disk (Capacity Unknown) and i have copied some songs through CD's.I wanted to use a SD card to play music without copying it to the hard disk since i do not know how to delete tracks which are already copied to it.

Is it safe to use an average SDHC card with an adapter to play music with the car setup? Will it make a problem to the existing settings of the setup and later locked?

Appreciate if anyone can share the experience as i couldn't find a post relating to this.

Many thanks!

• Thanks 1

6 answers to this question

Well I don't think you will damage or lock the player just by inserting a Memory card. But some players will not recognize adapters used with mini/micro sd cards, they require the standard full size SD cards.

Edited by asrock
  • Like 1

Im using one like that..

No it won't damage ur player.but you have to buy a good branded memory card with adapter. Some cheap Chinese memory cards with adapters won't support with your player.

Thanks a lot for the reply. I'm using a branded (Scandisk) 64 GB SDHC card and it came with an original adopter. Thought the capacity was too high for the player and i took a 8gb (borrowed from a shop to test) card and tried but still failed. All other functions are working properly in the setup.post-71460-0-21860800-1467269305_thumb.jpost-71460-0-42136200-1467269326_thumb.j

Machan when you inserted those SD cards, did you check the file system on them? Most car players won't recognized the card if they were formatted with NTFS. If they were in any chance NTFS, I'd suggest you see if it works after formatting to FAT32 file system.

• Like 1

Thanks a lot for all the replies guys.

On 6/30/2016 at 1:40 PM, asrock said:

Are you sure the one you borrowed is a branded one? Be aware that there are Chinese crap with brand names. Also try a full size SDHC card if possible. For testing purposes try 8GB or lower.

Asrock - I have not tried it with a full size SDHC. Will check if that works.Thanks a lot for the msg!

On 7/3/2016 at 0:18 AM, ramishkad said:

Machan when you inserted those SD cards, did you check the file system on them? Most car players won't recognized the card if they were formatted with NTFS. If they were in any chance NTFS, I'd suggest you see if it works after formatting to FAT32 file system.

Rashmikad - I formatted it with NTFS. Will try with FAT 32 to see if there's any luck.Thanks again for your reply machan!

Update : Since SDHC and USB drive failed, I've stored songs to my phone and connected it through the car blutooth. Now the Dang thing works!

Edited by Shack