• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Suzuki Swift Indian Vs Suzuki Swift Jananese

Urmask

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to know the main differences between Suzuki Swift Indian version & Suzuki Swift Japanese version. I checked few blogs and found out below differences

• Engine Capacity 1.3L vs 1.5L
  • Transmission Differences - Indian comes with a manual & Japanese with a Automatic
  • Interior - Good interior in Japanese ( obviously)

What about the engine versions? and drawbacks of Indian one?

Fuel efficiency, Maintenance & parts availability?

Are there any differences in exterior?

I was bit supersized about the recondition price differences between these two versions.

p.s. - I checked lots of old threads and sorry if i am posting something already discussed in detail.

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to know the main differences between Suzuki Swift Indian version & Suzuki Swift Japanese version. I checked few blogs and found out below differences

• Engine Capacity 1.3L vs 1.5L
  • Transmission Differences - Indian comes with a manual & Japanese with a Automatic
  • Interior - Good interior in Japanese ( obviously)

What about the engine versions? and drawbacks of Indian one?

Fuel efficiency, Maintenance & parts availability?

Are there any differences in exterior?

I was bit supersized about the recondition price differences between these two versions.

p.s. - I checked lots of old threads and sorry if i am posting something already discussed in detail.

Only body shape is same, even parts are sourced locally in both versions

Economy, ride, handling different due to different engines, suspension setup

If you can afford go for the Jap.

well the Jap i had was with climate control and some other options. Indian car tend to degrade/depreciate fast due to quality of production. I have seen most Indian models on the road even though well maintained does not look in good condition as against the Jap models.

I guess you're having the same budget as mine and going through the elimination process for a new car. mate, I also researched about this a lately. I found lots of information in the old AL threads. I drove an Indian Swift (2007) owned by one of my colleagues and then I drove a Swift Japanese one owned by one of my friends' brother. There is no big difference from the outer look. But if you check safety ratings, Japanese swift has 4 or 5 stars while the Indian one has a whopping ZERO number of stars. Both of those owners said they haven't not come across any major repairs. the only plus side of the Indian swift is higher fuel efficiency. if you take the VXI version, you don't get ABS, Airbags no nothing. And as I heard Indians use metal that are recycled from old ships from Indian ship recycle yards and they are not even galvanized which means they are prone to rust. why put putting your life at risk. and the indian swift is highly overpriced in the second hand market. I think better to go with the Jap one if you're buying even if it does about 2km per liter less than indian.