• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Engine Replacement

Nithar

hi guys

looking for some legal advice...

I wonder are there any legal issues on registration when replacing with a different engine since it is my first build i need help.

i dont know whether this build is possible. but i just have an idea to build my own ride rather than bought from another one.

i may need each and every information about the build pls bear me.

i want to build a Lancer Flat Light 1978 with EVO IV engine

i'm aware that there are so many contradictions between these two engines. and i hope that with you guys i can definitely finish my build.

Pls advice me...

You are replacing with a different engine? How can you assure the custom made engine mounts will suit the vibration from our road conditions? Torque and horsepower should also match the original engine,if you don't want damage to the gearbox,driveshaft.

• Like 1

Thnx RViji,

This is only my wish..

I know this sound like crazy.

Let me xplain my idea about my build.

I want to have a EVO IV in A70, i know this not s piece of cake.

I want a big motor, proper trane, bigger tyres and brakes....

Up to my knowledge i ve made a set of lists to do for the ride..

engine: 4G63, as long as we mount the engin properly i thing, hosepower and vibration are not an issue, speaking of hosepower i want a higher hosepower thats why i wanted to build this, so please bear with me.

My worry is this 4G63 can fit with the A70 engine bay, if it is i thing it may need additional mounting brackets, so where to find those brackets? And EVO IV has ECU, so if i replace with that engine where can i fix the ECU box.

Transmission: MD5 or proper trane, i thing it require a wide block trane becose it is a RWD and it will fit with A70.

Differential: right now i dobt have any ida about differential, i thing existing differential of A70 will be fine with the build.

brake: say if it is possible to change into disc.

I know there are a hell lot of things to do. With the restrictions of knowledge, resources and budget my dreme is still on the drawing board.

Honestly speaking i dont have the A70 yet.

I belive that the planing makes easy to excuite the build. Thats why i join to this forum to get ideas from experienced personals.

Don't be angry with me.

I have the idea of my build but i dont know how to do this..

Pls help me to short this things out...

Edited by Nithar

I got some ideas about the replacement but i need spec of A70 I couldn't find anything in details in the Internet

No, not this particular swap, read more about engine swapping as a whole.

You'll need to modify basically everything including the chassis itself. Buying an EVO 4 would be the best option for you.

Machang, if you are serious about it, buy that Lancer Flat Light first. Buy THE best example you can find. Then start working on the brakes. Drive a new car (i.e. minimum 5 years old), and try to fix/upgrade the Lancer’s brakes to feel and work like new car`s brakes. Once you`ve done those, post here, you will definitely get some help/direction.

P.S. a properly tuned 4G63 will rip a 40 year old lancer differential into bits (that is if anything else in the drive-line doesn't break before that). So yeah, buy and start using that lancer first..

Even if you manage to put all of this together this is probably one of the worst combinations you can have. A very powerful engine mated to 30 year old suspension setup and breaks is never a good idea.