• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

HB211

Question

Hi guys,

My car is a Carina GT YOM 2000 model (AT210). Few weeks back came acorss a very low millage same model GT in Japan and bought it mainly to source parts for my car in SL. Can someone please recommend a good and reliable place to do the replacing work? Initially im focusing on replacing engine, gearbox & suspesnion related parts. Heard some positive comments about Re*l*ca S*e*d but have a small doubt how their work on these toyotas as they are more speciallized towerd Subarus and evos. Prefer a place around Colombo.

Super job man, glad you got a good result. As to the cost overrun, that's pretty much standard practice getting work done here I've found. Very few places can give a solid estimate and then stick to it. 

Who was the Supervisor at PAS? Best bet there is to speak directly to Sabry is what i've heard. 

Thank you friends. Really appreciate your support :D.

Car is running with 100% factory specs. No modifications done at all except the DVD player ;).Used Toyota oil for Power steering and Break system and Toyota super long life coolant was used as the radiator coolant. However Used Castrol GTX 10W-30 for the Engine oil. Many of my friends including PAS asked not to use Toyota engine oil on high revving engines as they say Toyota oil form more sludge (Don’t have much idea on this belief though :huh:). I’m thinking of using a fully synthetic oil from next oil change onward. Do you all think using Castrol Edge 5W-30 (Fully Synthetic) is a good idea on this?   

I always prefer these JDMs with factory standard settings. But recently came across some aftermarket adjustable shock absorbers made specifically for Carinas in Japan and still thinking should I fix them or not. Also…Anyone has experience with K&N drop in air filters? Some say there is a slight performance increase in it. I don’t mind fixing one of them since it doesn’t look like a major modification at all.

20 hours ago, asrock said:

A job well done! May I know what was actually wrong with your original carina?

Didn’t have any issues related to Exterior and Interior at all. But had some issues related to suspension components and few oil leaks in the engine which are quite common for most of the carina GTs we have in the island today. 160000KM was on the clock at the point of swap. But didn’t notice any under compression issues. I wanted to use this for a longer period. Therefore wanted to take it to its brand new condition ASAP and enjoy what she has to offer :D. That’s the rationale behind the swap machan. And one more thing, when I saw the car in JP could not stop myself buying it as it was just 36000KM old and was auctioned by a Toyota dealer. And the price was also very reasonable :).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Muditha420 said:

Sweet bring back good memories  well done machan... keep that car clean n unspoiled coz that's a keeper

Thank you machan. She is definitely a keeper :D

3 hours ago, Supra_Natural said:

Super job man, glad you got a good result. As to the cost overrun, that's pretty much standard practice getting work done here I've found. Very few places can give a solid estimate and then stick to it. 

Who was the Supervisor at PAS? Best bet there is to speak directly to Sabry is what i've heard. 

Thank you for suggesting PAS from the beginning Supra. Yes I think directly contacting Sabry is the best option there. Good lesson learnt :)

On 10/10/2016 at 8:59 AM, PreseaLover said:

Damn... Nice work machan... that's a clean car... 

Komi's teg inspired me to restore my current presea and this project inspires me to bring down a 2.l engine presea from japan and rebuild it here... one day I will be doing this probably in 2021... thanks for sharing the project details mate... :)

@PreseaLover it's time...

• Haha 1