• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Lancer Ck2 Engine Mounts

kdw

Question

Hi All,

I have to replace engine and gear box mounts of my CK2 and i checked the price from UM. Their price is around 63000/= for all the 4 mounts. Is it okay to use recondition parts or should i go for brand new parts? is there any good place to buy recondition mounts?

Please help me on this..

Thanks.

6 answers to this question

U could use brand new aftermarket mounts from Panchi . would be better than using recon ones and recon engine mounts wouldnt last long since they would be old and rubber tends to degrade and harden over time . But best is to go for the genuine brand new mounts coz even aftermarket mounts dont sometimes come upto the genuine standard .

• Like 1

I replaced all engine mounts of my previous CK2 using recondition parts, 3.5+ years no problem(till i sold it), bought from place between homagama & kottawa... but you have to check carefully before buying. i like to use recon mounts than rebush mounts because i think at least 99% recon parts are genuine japan. anyway what is your model EFi or carb...?

• Like 1

You can rebush the mount rather than buying the whole thing. This is really less expensive and gets the job done.. I did this for my previous Lancer Cb1, never had issues for 2+ years (even till the time i sold it).. It was done from panchi.. Not sure the shop name though since my mechanic got it done for me.. mounts doesn't worth 63000/- unless you have deep pockets ;)

• Like 1

Thank you all for your valuable opinions. Those are really helpful.

U could use brand new aftermarket mounts from Panchi . would be better than using recon ones and recon engine mounts wouldnt last long since they would be old and rubber tends to degrade and harden over time . But best is to go for the genuine brand new mounts coz even aftermarket mounts dont sometimes come upto the genuine standard .
@Dushyantha...
I am also thinking about going for genuine.. but the problem is price :D Anyway mechanic said that it is not in critical situation since there are no any big damages in the mounts. But he said it would be good if you get it done early as possible since there is a small vibrations in the car when it is idle...
You can rebush the mount rather than buying the whole thing. This is really less expensive and gets the job done.. I did this for my previous Lancer Cb1, never had issues for 2+ years (even till the time i sold it).. It was done from panchi.. Not sure the shop name though since my mechanic got it done for me.. mounts doesn't worth 63000/- unless you have deep pockets ;)
@PerfMad
Mechanic advised me to don't go for re-bush. He said that its quality is not enough to hold the CK2 engine as CK2 has a heavy engine. yeah.. thatz true.. 63 is a big amount for mounts..But i am thinking about go for the best low price one.
I replaced all engine mounts of my previous CK2 using recondition parts, 3.5+ years no problem(till i sold it), bought from place between homagama & kottawa... but you have to check carefully before buying. i like to use recon mounts than rebush mounts because i think at least 99% recon parts are genuine japan. anyway what is your model EFi or carb...?
@CK2
It's EFI... Mechanic also recommended recon... yes. i am agree with you.. have to check it carefully before buying. But i dont have good knowledge about vehicle parts .. I think i have to go with mechanic.... Otherwise i will spend money on useless thing... What i feel is , if recon mounts dont save for at least 1 year, i will b in a big trouble with money.
Anyway thanks again for all the quick replies. 1st i will check for recon mounts. If i couldn't find good mounts , i have to go for brandnew :speechless-smiley-004:
  • Like 1

On 6/16/2016 at 3:22 PM, CK2 said:

Hi CK2,
Could you please share the price details that you spent on all 4 mounts?  I checked the mounts in the shops around Delkanda junction. But i couldn't find any..

Thanks. 

Hi All,

Today i checked mounts in Panchikawatta Jayamanna Motors. They have brand new japan mounts and LKR 15350/= for all the four mounts(Including one gel mount) and they offer 6 month warranty. Is it okay to use these mounts? Did anybody use them.

Highly appreciate your comments on this.

Thanks. 

Edited by kdw
Entered invalid price
  • Like 1