• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mg 6 Turbo Petrol

fiat fan

You only have experienced how Chinese do business with Sri Lanka,I am not surprised by looking at the quality of some of their projects with no regards for safety and regulations. When they do business in first world countries, they are different. There are hundreds of regulations (for a car,NCAP rating and fuel emissions Euro6 norms),which must be adhered to before even they bring it to the market. They have to spend a lot of money to get the conformity tests done and passed. Otherwise the MG6 would have never been allowed into the UK market.

The fact that the petrol version is now discontinued in the latest model change due to high fuel emissions nullifies your argument that Chinese don't give a sh!t about local laws of the (first world)countries they sell to!

Dear Monkey-who-jumps-into-conclusions - it was not in Sri Lanka. It was in one of those 'first world' countries.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...
3 hours ago, fiat fan said:

Hey guys. Back after some time. We never pulled the trigger on the MG. I saw a couple of 2015s loaded going for 2.9m, what does everybody think?

Feel tempted to get it!

I was pleasantly surprised when I got a chance to take a look at one.

The fit and finish isn't as cheap i expected it to be and this particular specimen seemed to have held up well. Didn't get to drive it so I can't speak for the mechanicals.

The valuations on those were significantly higher given the age and options - all manuals though if I'm not mistaken

• Thanks 1

• 2 years later...