• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Viva Elite Full Option Car Issue In Fan Belt

prashan123

Question

I have a Viva Elite full option car and Mileage is nearly 65000kms. Recently I have change all three belts in the car. But now from the fan belt it brings a very high noise for few seconds when I start and drive. Then it disappears. From my garage they have tied up the fan belt several times now. Still I'm getting this hard noise.

Can you advice me what to do or a place where it can be solved?

6 answers to this question

Maybe there is a specific brand of belt for your car. My previous Allion 260 fan belt started giving screeching noises when started. Replaced it with few other belts without success, until some one here in this forum suggested Brando.

But now from the fan belt it brings a very high noise for few seconds when I start and drive.

Viva elites have fan belts ? :sad-smiley-023:

And you could use silicone spray as a temporary fix for the squeaking or use some grease if u cant find any silicone spray :sport-smiley-004: . Please note that using silicone spray or grease is a temporary fix and the sound would come again in 1 or 2 weeks.

Edited by Dushyantha

Most likely the replaced belt is not matching with the V-grooves of your pulleys. Take a good look at each pulley and see if the ridges on any of the pulley has become polished and shiny. If so the issue is with the groove depth. When you look for a replacement make sure you match the depth of the groove with that of the original belt or buy a belt with slightly (ie fraction of mm) deeper grove.

• Like 1

I too have a similar problem. Mine has done only 16,700Kms. During a cold start a slight kiri kiri noise comes till the engine gets heated. It's a very small noise. Can hear it only if a door or a shutter is open & its only during a cold start. What could be the problem?

Mine also just passed 65,000km and I replaced all 3 belts around 55,000km at Unted Motors. They used genuine belts came with Perodua packing, and brand name printed on the belts were "Mitsuboshi" and "Bando"". No sounds and all three belts are running smoothly.

Edited by Sampath Gunasekera