• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Windscreen Water Repellent - Aquapel

prashan123

I saw a very old topic in this forum called Windscreen Water Repellent with the link

http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/7470-windscreen-water-repellent/page-2

But I thought to start a new topic. I believe we have latest knowledge and technology with this topic and it is very hard to refer old post and rely on those information.

I have a pool of cars for my personal use and for my rent a car business. Most of my drivers are complaining when they drive at night and also when it is raining that it is very difficult to drive with this condition due to poor visibility and also I'm replacing our wiper blades time to time which is very costly.

When I was in USA 2 years back, I bought a product called Aquapel Rain Repellent. It was fantastic and I used it for my personal car and it was a long lasting solution for all my issues and even I didn't use wipers in a normal rain. Dirt and oil left from the windshield with a normal shot of normal water.

It was working well roughly about 7-8 months and it was a real value for money item.

But later (2015) I bought same product from Ebay but it was not working as it was earlier. Don't know may be a fake product from China.

Now I have seen Aquapel product in Sri Lanka recently, they advertise it as Aquapel Sri Lanka. As per their facebook and web page they mention they are the authorized dealer from the USA PPG company. So I was thinking to buy Aquapel for my all cars in the pool.

Since it is an significant investment for me I need to get your opinions on this Product. Have any of you bought it from Sri Lanka? What is your view on this product? Please give your valuable advises.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks FiatLife for your comments. I bought one Aquapel from Aquapelsrilanka and applied it for one of my cars few weeks back. So far excellent. Although these days we don't have rain in Colombo the fantastic thing is, my windscreen is always out of dirt and oil. With one shot of water, everything gets cleared and windscreen is like crystal. Earlier it was very difficult to remove oily dirt and always needed car wash liquid to remove that away. Now my life is easier. :)

One more thing; I park my personal car under a shade of a small tree to cover the windscreen. Earlier, you know, I had home work to do to remove the traces of crows and birds. :S

But now it's easier for me and just a single shot of water which removes everything. 

I faced one sudden rain when I'm driving near thalawathugoda and I didn't use wipers even and also recorded from my phone to share with Autolanka colleagues. 

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

i found a japanese water repellent coating through Pe*co Lanka in Narahenpita. It is pretty good up to now and have been using for 1 month. It is quite expensive though but worth for money

On 10/19/2016 at 11:10 AM, BobTheDan said:

Ordered mine few days ago from EBay and will share my experiences later with you guys.

Btw Prashan123 how did it cost it to you to buy them from SL dealers?

Hi BobTheDan, it costs me 1500 (from mydeal). Now it's more than 3 months and still good effect. Anyway I won't use eBay Chinese fakes anymore coz I don't want to risk my windscreen for few more rupees. One of my friends also bought that eBay product and he experienced a very bad mist like effect in windscreen and spent some extra rupees to remove it.?