• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Real Ghost Stories

PreseaLover

The more you post, the more worried I get about your Mental well being dude.
If you look closer, if you listen closer everything will speak to you... :) if you inspect a good car and look closer, im sure the presea will speak to you :)

I know it's hard to convince you on this theory.. coz you are a number 4... you are born on 22 feb if that's correct? if so number 4's are hard to convince, they walk away from things easily without hanging onto it...

@supra : Agreed!!!.

Edited by matroska

If you look closer, if you listen closer everything will speak to you... :) if you inspect a good car and look closer, im sure the presea will speak to you :)

I know it's hard to convince you on this theory.. coz you are a number 4... you are born on 22 feb if that's correct? if so number 4's are hard to convince, they walk away from things easily without hanging onto it...

well yeah my birthday is on 22nd of feb but this is the first time I head about this theory. You're an interesting person to get to know hahah :sport-smiley-003:

Edited by ghostwriter

well yeah my birthday is on 22nd of feb but this is the first time I head about this theory. You're an interesting person to get to know hahah :sport-smiley-003:

For years I have been studying numerology readings because I didn't believe it at first, but after many years of analyzing and research I found out that numerology has an impact on our lives based on the birth number...if I'm wrong, ask for yourself and see if it's wrong? :)

For years I have been studying numerology readings because I didn't believe it at first, but after many years of analyzing and research I found out that numerology has an impact on our lives based on the birth number...if I'm wrong, ask for yourself and see if it's wrong? :)

Yes Indeed. I also did a similar analysis. See my Grandpa was born in 1926.. so i observed that as the difference between that year of birth and the current year increased my Grandpas health deteriorated. Numerology FTW!

Yes Indeed. I also did a similar analysis. See my Grandpa was born in 1926.. so i observed that as the difference between that year of birth and the current year increased my Grandpas health deteriorated. Numerology FTW!

Lol no, you don't consider the YEAR... You only consider the date of the month... if its 22 then its 2+2 = 4... so only the date is considered not the year and month..

has any of you experienced 'sleep paralysis'? When I first experienced it I thought it was some ghost messing with me. it scared the sh*t out of me. Told some of friends and they thought I was making up stories. then I googled and found it is called 'sleep paralysis' and it has a scientific explanation to it. I have experienced it 3-4 time in my life. if you think you're tough, you should experience sleep paralysis and see the definition of 'scare'. later i found out that it is state where the mind is awake but the brain has put restrictions on the physical body so you can't move. can't move at all. can't turn your neck, legs, arms nothing. and it feels like someone is sitting on your chest. a lot of weight is felt on the chest. I thought I was going to die. it has found out that brain make us temporary fully paralysed when we sleep so that we won't sleep walk. when we wake up, the brain make all the organs active again. when this coordination goes off time, its called 'sleep paralysis'. causes mostly because stress.

There are paintings of how sleep paralysis experienced people have expressed their experience in paintings. https://www.google.lk/search?q=sleep+paralysis&newwindow=1&espv=2&biw=1920&bih=979&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiyu-ba3avNAhUIP48KHXxiAO4Q_AUIBigB

according to wikipedia:

Sleep paralysis is a phenomenon in which an individual, either during falling asleep or awakening, temporarily experiences an inability to move, speak, or react.
It is a transitional state between wakefulness and sleep, characterized by an inability to move muscles. It is often accompanied by terrifying hallucinations to which one is unable to react due to paralysis, and physical experiences (such as strong current running through the upper body). These hallucinations often involve a person or supernatural creature suffocating or terrifying the individual, accompanied by a feeling of pressure on one's chest and difficulty breathing. Another common hallucination type involves intruders (human or supernatural) entering one's room or lurking outside one's window, accompanied by a feeling of dread.
  • Like 1

I couldn't help noticing a non-automotive related thread running into its third page within a matter of two days.

PL's experience may have some scientific explanations but still there is always a tendency within us to believe in or at least to show an awe interest in things that are paranormal or superstitious like the concept of ghosts, numerology etc. We may try to dismiss these thing as rubbish but remember that these concepts are embedded in our genes at least from the time of Neanderthals. If you believe in Darwin, Anthropology and scientific fossil evidence you would realize that it was the Neanderthals who first began to bury their dead with respect and rituals, and they were the first to touch on the notion of an after-life. We simply cannot choose to ignore our genetic traits but would have to learn to live with them.

Oh no, I do not mean in any way that PL is closer to a Neanderthal than a Homo sapiens.

• Like 6

has any of you experienced 'sleep paralysis'? When I first experienced it I thought it was some ghost messing with me. it scared the sh*t out of me. Told some of friends and they thought I was making up stories. then I googled and found it is called 'sleep paralysis' and it has a scientific explanation to it. I have experienced it 3-4 time in my life. if you think you're tough, you should experience sleep paralysis and see the definition of 'scare'. later i found out that it is state where the mind is awake but the brain has put restrictions on the physical body so you can't move. can't move at all. can't turn your neck, legs, arms nothing. and it feels like someone is sitting on your chest. a lot of weight is felt on the chest. I thought I was going to die. it has found out that brain make us temporary fully paralysed when we sleep so that we won't sleep walk. when we wake up, the brain make all the organs active again. when this coordination goes off time, its called 'sleep paralysis'. causes mostly because stress.

There are paintings of how sleep paralysis experienced people have expressed their experience in paintings. https://www.google.lk/search?q=sleep+paralysis&newwindow=1&espv=2&biw=1920&bih=979&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiyu-ba3avNAhUIP48KHXxiAO4Q_AUIBigB

according to wikipedia:

Sleep paralysis is a phenomenon in which an individual, either during falling asleep or awakening, temporarily experiences an inability to move, speak, or react.
It is a transitional state between wakefulness and sleep, characterized by an inability to move muscles. It is often accompanied by terrifying hallucinations to which one is unable to react due to paralysis, and physical experiences (such as strong current running through the upper body). These hallucinations often involve a person or supernatural creature suffocating or terrifying the individual, accompanied by a feeling of pressure on one's chest and difficulty breathing. Another common hallucination type involves intruders (human or supernatural) entering one's room or lurking outside one's window, accompanied by a feeling of dread.

Never experienced this but I would love to though, because I like to experience stuff in my dreams... im a fan of my dreams.. I mean I even enjoy the nightmare.. I think this is because I watch a lot of movies and sometimes I see myself being a part of that movie in my dreams.. as an example I watched this TV Series called wayward pines, and last week I saw in my dreams that I'm that man who went to wayward pines and trying to go back home but actually there is no way out once a person enters wayward pines.. you are stuck in that city forever..

Have any of you guys gone to fortune tellers or gypsies and have any astrological reading come true? After a long period of analysis I figured out that astrology works for some people whilst it doesnt work for some.. However Im still in the process of scrutinizing it, so I may be wrong, but it does work for some.. as for me it never works out, but for my friends it did...

I remember a local story on an accident that happened about 30-40 years ago near Palam thuna junction, Parliament road, Battaramulla. A car has fallen to Diyawannawa canal in the wee hours and 1 person died. It was a married couple and the husband was driving and survived. According to him, the road has suddenly had a bend and by the time he has taken the bend, road disappeared and car fell in to the canal. He was not drunk or sleepy though but same thing happened to couple of other drivers at the time all were driving at the same time on different days.

Never experienced this but I would love to though, because I like to experience stuff in my dreams... im a fan of my dreams.. I mean I even enjoy the nightmare.. I think this is because I watch a lot of movies and sometimes I see myself being a part of that movie in my dreams.. as an example I watched this TV Series called wayward pines, and last week I saw in my dreams that I'm that man who went to wayward pines and trying to go back home but actually there is no way out once a person enters wayward pines.. you are stuck in that city forever..

Now that you are aware of it so you might not be very scared if that ever happens to you. and btw you can always practice Lucid Dreaming. You can basically control the dreams and feel everything as if it's the real life. the cool thing is you don't have to 'watch' the dream but 'control' it. when there are time you feel like spending some time with a long gone ex or a high school crush, Lucid dreaming comes in handy :smilie_liebe9: . try it out.

Now that you are aware of it so you might not be very scared if that ever happens to you. and btw you can always practice Lucid Dreaming. You can basically control the dreams and feel everything as if it's the real life. the cool thing is you don't have to 'watch' the dream but 'control' it. when there are time you feel like spending some time with a long gone ex or a high school crush, Lucid dreaming comes in handy :smilie_liebe9: . try it out.

I will try that thanks :)

I have had some unexplained phenomena with dreams when I was a kid.. actually Im sad that I don't get to experience those anymore...

one incident I remember was the day before the O/L Maths paper.. that night I saw a dream which is a complete sum. That kind of some was not there in past papers before, yes I saw the complete sum. And i got the feeling that I should look at it before the exam just in case if it comes and prepare myself to solve it because it was a huge sum (I cant remember exactly what it is). However before the paper i told this to all of my friends and told them to check it out since it was a bit hard.. they ignored it and said im mad and got shocked when they say the paper because it came the same way I explained it to them and the same way i saw in the dream and i solved it easily.

the second dreaming phenomena is that I used to see me breaking up with my gf', the previous night before asking them out everytime.. once i go out with them we actually break up in a few months.. it was like a sign to me to not ask them out cuz its never gonna work.. however after the age of 23 I never saw any of these omen dreams...

• Like 1

hmm you should soon see in your dreams that you are getting whacked by a 2x2 :P

I have also experienced these dream stuff, in a dream I'll take part in some horror movie that I've recently watched, also I have solved mathematical equations in my dreams.

I couldn't help noticing a non-automotive related thread running into its third page within a matter of two days.

Sadly..

As interesting and entertaining these whole ghost stories are, I sincerely believe that this is not the forum to talk about them.

Dont get me wrong. We've had so many non motoring related threads ranging from Barrel BBQ builds to refrigerators, computers, food joints, heck even legos. But, they all had some sorta practicality and were related to ones day to day life or a hobby. Maybe its just me but i feel like this is some elakiri worthy of a topic where you could waste your time by discussing what ever that pops in your head.

Lately we hardly see any interesting topic that all could learn,share and teach something out of it. Its like all the enthusiasm of cars and motors had diminished from all. Auto Lanka is the only forum that is dedicated primarily to motoring community of this country. And if members could keep that in mind when posting here in A/L that would be great I suppose.

Didnt mean to offend any one. Just sharing my thoughts.

Cheers!

• Like 4

Sadly..

As interesting and entertaining these whole ghost stories are, I sincerely believe that this is not the forum to talk about them.

Dont get me wrong. We've had so many non motoring related threads ranging from Barrel BBQ builds to refrigerators, computers, food joints, heck even legos. But, they all had some sorta practicality and were related to ones day to day life or a hobby. Maybe its just me but i feel like this is some elakiri worthy of a topic where you could waste your time by discussing what ever that pops in your head.

Lately we hardly see any interesting topic that all could learn,share and teach something out of it. Its like all the enthusiasm of cars and motors had diminished from all. Auto Lanka is the only forum that is dedicated primarily to motoring community of this country. And if members could keep that in mind when posting here in A/L that would be great I suppose.

Didnt mean to offend any one. Just sharing my thoughts.

Cheers!

Honestly I learnt alot from this thread and gained good knowledge about certain things. Not sure if others learnt something out of this thread though. Following are the areas which I learnt :)

1) There is a condition called hypnagogia as described by Dr. Sathyajith
2) There is a thing called sleep paralysis as described by Ghostwriter
3) There were Neanderthals in this world which I heard for the first time of them, as described by Rumesh and I continued reading more about them via wiki
4) There is a way of controlling your dreams by practicing Lucid dreaming
5) There is a dark green presea in the country
  • Like 1

Have any of you guys gone to fortune tellers or gypsies and have any astrological reading come true? After a long period of analysis I figured out that astrology works for some people whilst it doesnt work for some.. However Im still in the process of scrutinizing it, so I may be wrong, but it does work for some.. as for me it never works out, but for my friends it did...
Yes it works for some in the same way that only some win the lottery. It's called mathematical probability.

Honestly I learnt alot from this thread and gained good knowledge about certain things. Not sure if others learnt something out of this thread though. Following are the areas which I learnt :)

1) There is a condition called hypnagogia as described by Dr. Sathyajith

2) There is a thing called sleep paralysis as described by Ghostwriter

3) There were Neanderthals in this world which I heard for the first time of them, as described by Rumesh and I continued reading more about them via wiki

4) There is a way of controlling your dreams by practicing Lucid dreaming

5) There is a dark green presea in the country

Hate to put it this way but lack of knowledge is the root cause of most misconceptions.

This is the same reason why people believed the earth was flat and that the earth revolved around the sun, we simply weren't advanced enough to observe and understand what was actually happening.

Now I'm not saying that we know everything now. Ofcourse we don't and we may never fully understand how the universe works, heck we might be wiped out as race even before that. Possibility is that there are dimensions and other forms of energy that the human mind cannot even perceive let alone detect and see. Heck we couldn't even fully verify if there were gravitational waves until now (yes we detected it for the second time yesterday).

Earth went though five mass extinction events so we haven't really evolved at a steady rate. If you consider another habitable planet in the universe which started life as the same time as earth but didn't have extinction events they could possibly have evolved a different dimension by now. We could very well be perceiving beings such as this as "ghosts" who are probably only trying to communicate with us.

Having said that I highly doubt such an advance being would do something retarded as wake you up in the middle of the night and throw your hands around or dress up like a women and eat her baby.

Yes it works for some in the same way that only some win the lottery. It's called mathematical probability.

No its not mathematical probability.. There is a place in bamba where they take a print of you finger and tells your future... few of my previous work place co-workers have gone there many many years back and their future that was told had exactly come true... not only for 1 person, but for many. Every single thing..

So I also went there to see what the jack is these guys upto, I was actually investigating like a private detective to see how its done... when i went there, they had a queue of like 50 people.. just imagine, if this was a lie will people be coming like this in queue's to hear their future?.. So out of curiosity, I asked one old lady why did she come here... then she said 20 years ago her sister came to this place to read her future and has predicted something that would happen in 20 years. This lady has not believed it then but now since it has happened, she believes and she too have come there to see her future... so no I see something very different going on there to predict a future like that... And I also questioned on how these readings are done, and that's a whole new level of explanation which im still finding the truth of it..

We could very well be perceiving beings such as this as "ghosts" who are probably only trying to communicate with us.

Having said that I highly doubt such an advance being would do something retarded as wake you up in the middle of the night and throw your hands around or dress up like a women and eat her baby.

See there is a point, there can be some sort of a spirit that is trying to communicate with us by pulling our hand and waking us up in the middle of the night...