• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Soluna Or March Ak 12

Urmask

Hi Guys,

A Quick advise,

I need to choose between below vehicles -

• Toyota Soluna (Manual) YOM 2000 - 100000 to 120000km on the clock
  • Nissan March AK 12 (Auto) YOM 2002 - 80000 to 100000km on the clock

Need to consider below

• Resale value after 2 years
  • Vehicle reliability
  • Fuel efficiency
  • Driving pleasure. (This is Important)
  • Cost of Maintenance
  • Vehicle Comfortable or not.

Avoid the Soluna, One of my previous boss had one and had a very hard time finding parts, Your better off with the K12 March

on the plus side....had one in East Timor...was pretty hardy and took a lot of abuse. Had a 5A-FE engine and I would reckon engine parts are easy to find...probably the same with running gear as well as it was borrowed from other Toyota models (Corolla, Tercel, etc...). Body parts might have been problematic ?

Granted it wasn't the most refined of cars.

on the plus side....had one in East Timor...was pretty hardy and took a lot of abuse. Had a 5A-FE engine and I would reckon engine parts are easy to find...probably the same with running gear as well as it was borrowed from other Toyota models (Corolla, Tercel, etc...). Body parts might have been problematic ?

Granted it wasn't the most refined of cars.

weirdly he had trouble finding some brake related parts and yes body parts.

Also i learned from a mechanic that some toyota engines that come for taiwan made vehicles are a lil bit different inside from the japanese spec engines. Example the 1NZ engine on the Vios.

donno about the 5A-FE though

weirdly he had trouble finding some brake related parts and yes body parts.

Also i learned from a mechanic that some toyota engines that come for taiwan made vehicles are a lil bit different inside from the japanese spec engines. Example the 1NZ engine on the Vios.

donno about the 5A-FE though

Well..Toyota (and other manufacturers) have been tweaking the same engine for different markets for ever (as well as for different models). For example, and if one was to be pedantic about it...in the 80s..the "4A-GE" was available in Europe (and a few other markets) whilst in Japan it was the 4A-GEU and in the US 4A-GEC :sport-smiley-004: . The practice still continues...However, for the most part most components are interchangeable without much issue. I don't know how drastically different the Vios 1NZ is different from the Axios's 1NZ is but again.I am sure MOST of the parts are still swap-able.

<p><p><p><p><p>Hi Guys, A Quick advise, I need to choose between below vehicles -

Need to consider below

• Vehicle reliability

• Fuel efficiency

• Cost of Maintenance

Most of the things you want are contradicting. Fuel efficient cars will not be fun to drive since the emphasis will be on efficiency and you won't get that oomph in the engine. They will also have very basic suspension to reduce weight and increase reliability so cornering and comfort are out of picture. And of course both of these cars will not be fun to drive. The soluna is neither comfortable nor does it handle well. The march is quite comfortable for a hatchback but it not too good in the corners.If you truly want a fun to drive car look at a mazda or a Mitsubishi in this price bracket. Honda eg series is equally good but you will not be able to find an unmolested one after that stupid movie.

Well..Toyota (and other manufacturers) have been tweaking the same engine for different markets for ever (as well as for different models). For example, and if one was to be pedantic about it...in the 80s..the "4A-GE" was available in Europe (and a few other markets) whilst in Japan it was the 4A-GEU and in the US 4A-GEC :sport-smiley-004: . The practice still continues...However, for the most part most components are interchangeable without much issue. I don't know how drastically different the Vios 1NZ is different from the Axios's 1NZ is but again.I am sure MOST of the parts are still swap-able.

Ohh didn't know that, in the case of the vios, the block had a crack and the mechanic tried to replace it with Japanese 1Nz block, but the bolts were different.

In the end he didn't find a recon engine but didn't have luck, ended up replacing with a Japanese 1Nz engine

Ohh didn't know that, in the case of the vios, the block had a crack and the mechanic tried to replace it with Japanese 1Nz block, but the bolts were different.

In the end he didn't find a recon engine but didn't have luck, ended up mounting a whole Japanese 1Nz engine

Hi Guys,

A Quick advise,

I need to choose between below vehicles -

Need to consider below

• Vehicle reliability
  • Fuel efficiency
  • Cost of Maintenance

while both cars will not have corolla-ish resale value they will be fairly resalable .

Both are fairly hardy vehicles.

Don't expect the March to do good on fuel because its a hatch.

You won't get driving pleasure in either.

Cost of maintenance should be same as most used Jap cars that are 15 years old.

Neither of them are immensely comfy. The march is quite comfy for a hatch though.

In the end it depends on your requirements. do you need a sedan or a hatch since both are almost equal on the other factors you've mentioned.

Ohh didn't know that, in the case of the vios, the block had a crack and the mechanic tried to replace it with Japanese 1Nz block, but the bolts were different. In the end he didn't find a recon engine but didn't have luck, ended up mounting a whole Japanese 1Nz engine

Was it from a Corolla ? I think he might have had better luck trying a 1NZ off of a Vitz...remember the Vios and the Vitz were based on the CP9x frame.

Interesting that out of all the things the difference were the bolts...

EDIT: So curiosity got the better of me and checked the parts catalogs

The 1NZ on the Vios is 11401-29865 which is the same as in the Vitz. The Axio/Fielder on the other hand has 11401-29865 the first two years of production (2006-2008) and then it was changed to 11401-29866 from 2008-2011 and 11401-29867 the last year of production. So if you try to get the last few years of the 1NZ-FE for a Vios it probably won't work.

As for the 5A-FE..I guess the similar logic may apply ?

Edited by iRage

Was it from a Corolla ? I think he might have had better luck trying a 1NZ off of a Vitz...remember the Vios and the Vitz were based on the CP9x frame.

Interesting that out of all the things the difference were the bolts...

EDIT: So curiosity got the better of me and checked the parts catalogs

The 1NZ on the Vios is 11401-29865 which is the same as in the Vitz. The Axio/Fielder on the other hand has 11401-29865 the first two years of production (2006-2008) and then it was changed to 11401-29866 from 2008-2011 and 11401-29867 the last year of production. So if you try to get the last few years of the 1NZ-FE for a Vios it probably won't work.

As for the 5A-FE..I guess the similar logic may apply ?

Do we actually have any 1Nz Vitz here? I have never come across one, and don't think possible to find a engine off one ad well

Do we actually have any 1Nz Vitz here? I have never come across one, and don't think possible to find a engine off one ad well

Yeah...I believe so...after all the P90 series 1.5L came with the 1NZ-FE...which includes all 1.5L grades plus the RS...and I have seen a few P90 series RSs in SL.