• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Trailers For Carrying Extra Goods With A Car

RViji

ooftoprack-ns-tr001_3_.jpg

Err yes, I had one of these on a Mazda Tribute that the family owned back in the day (2008) and it increased fuel consumption by around 30-40%. I posted that number on a thread back then; and I remember some of the member's didn't believe me but that's what the figures were. (At higher average speeds the fuel consumption is actually a bit more and closer to the 40% as the fuel consumption figures increase significantly at faster speeds...)

Edited by Kavvz

my dad made a custom trailer few years back to lug around camping gear on wildlife trips. basically a big box on a frame which sits on a Corolla rear axle.

Yes you do need to register the trailer with the RMV; but i don't think the cops are very picky on them.

• Like 1

What about using an old 3-wheeler frame ? I think the Y-shape suits trailers on market.

Today I saw some ad on a paper about a company(subsidiary of Dbug) selling accessories for jet skis,a trailer was also pictured. But it should be quite expensive.

Yes the plastic box may be too small. Search eBay or Amazon for "soft top roof bags". You will get a few options. Not seen any in Colombo yet.

Been looking for a roof box / soft top roof bag but none came across, recently there was a company who started bringing down Thule products but they quickly gave up that idea.

What about using an old 3-wheeler frame ? I think the Y-shape suits trailers on market.

Today I saw some ad on a paper about a company(subsidiary of Dbug) selling accessories for jet skis,a trailer was also pictured. But it should be quite expensive.

is it seadoo?