• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Reactive Force Pedal(Rfp) Vezel/gp5/grace

briansmith

My apologies for taking the thread a bit off the track. I couldn't help noticing unevenly worn out front brake discs in many Vezels I get to see on the road. I thought it was a bit unusual cos most of these vehicles must still be running with their factory fitted brake pads. Any comments from others?

My apologies for taking the thread a bit off the track. I couldn't help noticing unevenly worn out front brake discs in many Vezels I get to see on the road. I thought it was a bit unusual cos most of these vehicles must still be running with their factory fitted brake pads. Any comments from others?

How on earth did you notice that? Worn brake discs ? is there such a thing? Did you mean scoring on the brake discs due to the owners not changing their brake pads on time?

And by the way I gotta comment: I barely have time to look at my own brake pads before I jump in and drive my sorry ass off to work and here you are just driving around looking at the front brake pads of random cars and noting how they wear etc. as you coast around? What gives? Do you work in the automotive industry or something where you end up seeing a lot of brake pads / brake components ?

How on earth did you notice that? Worn brake discs ? is there such a thing? Did you mean scoring on the brake discs due to the owners not changing their brake pads on time?

And by the way I gotta comment: I barely have time to look at my own brake pads before I jump in and drive my sorry ass off to work and here you are just driving around looking at the front brake pads of random cars and noting how they wear etc. as you coast around? What gives? Do you work in the automotive industry or something where you end up seeing a lot of brake pads / brake components ?

I was NOT referring to pads at all. Well I get a chance to take a glance on at least a couple of Vezels front wheels everyday while I wait at numerous color lights on Galle road on my way to work. Nothing unusual about it? Is n't it?

However come to think of it now let me say that in fact I have a bit of an unusual (at least I think it is unusual) habit of briefly taking a look at the front wheel of the vehicle immediately to my right to make sure that It is not cutting into my lane. I acquired the habit during my days in the ME where, more often than not, you find vehicles capable of taking off from 0 to 100kmph in a matter of seconds on either side of you. :D

• Like 2

I was NOT referring to pads at all. Well I get a chance to take a glance on at least a couple of Vezels front wheels everyday while I wait at numerous color lights on Galle road on my way to work. Nothing unusual about it? Is n't it?

However come to think of it now let me say that in fact I have a bit of an unusual (at least I think it is unusual) habit of briefly taking a look at the front wheel of the vehicle immediately to my right to make sure that It is not cutting into my lane. I acquired the habit during my days in the ME where, more often than not, you find vehicles capable of taking off from 0 to 100kmph in a matter of seconds on either side of you. :D

Yeap that is unusual, but I understand how you come to notice the unusual wear pattern now-it boils down to self preservation! So right, not the pads but the actual brake discs themselves are worn usually? As in you notice that they are getting scored excessively?

Yeap that is unusual, but I understand how you come to notice the unusual wear pattern now-it boils down to self preservation! So right, not the pads but the actual brake discs themselves are worn usually? As in you notice that they are getting scored excessively?

Yes. It is the scoring of the front discs. I just did not expect to see it on vehicles that are less than 3 years old with regenerative braking and discs on all four. Don't take this as a refined observation. Just wanted to check with others if someone noticed/experienced the same.

Yes. It is the scoring of the front discs. I just did not expect to see it on vehicles that are less than 3 years old with regenerative braking and discs on all four. Don't take this as a refined observation. Just wanted to check with others if someone noticed/experienced the same.

Right so the owner's aren't changing the brake pads on time. That's weird, as the agent should be getting them to change the pads / recommending that they change the brake pads as these cars come in for oil changes. Perhaps these owners aren't doing their oil changes on time either then?