• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

About 1.8 G Limited 121 Car

Praneethsomathunga

Dude,

No-one can tell you how the condition of this exact car is based on what you said.

And next time you don't need to PM people with a question if you're going to ask the same question on the forum

i'm askin this car model is gd or bed?manuel gear 1800cc

The model is ok. But what you're describing doesn't exist. There was never a "G-Limited" 121 with a Manual gearbox and a 1800cc engine. The 1800cc engine was only available on the 121 Luxel and those were Auto.

Most manual 121s are basic 1300 CC models. This was probably a 1300 cc base model and Some bugger must have put g-limited badges on it.

Edited by Supra_Natural

The model is ok. But what you're describing doesn't exist. There was never a "G-Limited" 121 with a Manual gearbox and a 1800cc engine. The 1800cc engine was only available on the 121 Luxel and those were Auto.

Most manual 121s are basic 1300 CC models. This was probably a 1300 cc base model and Some bugger must have put g-limited badges on it.

along with a 1800cc engine :D

Seriously, can you post some photos of the car (with the number plates censored, if you wish).

It may be possible that this particular 1800CC, manual geared 120-series Corolla made its way to Sri Lankan shores from Singapore. In that case, it would be a GL trim (not a so-called G-Limited trim). GL was a very basic trim level for Corollas if I'm not mistaken.

Seriously, can you post some photos of the car (with the number plates censored, if you wish).

It may be possible that this particular 1800CC, manual geared 120-series Corolla made its way to Sri Lankan shores from Singapore. In that case, it would be a GL trim (not a so-called G-Limited trim). GL was a very basic trim level for Corollas if I'm not mistaken.

LOL..that very well could be...granted if it actually is an 1800cc from SG then it could be a Corolla Altis ?

Edited by iRage
  • Like 1

Edited by Praneethsomathunga

This car gd or bad? KA english number 1800cc

Its 1800c and is a 121, so if multiply them you get: 1800x121=217,800 and the last number is a zero which I consider is somewhat unlucky, you should find a car that ends with a number 7 or so.

Jokes aside, do you have a friend or a trustable mechanic who can inspect the vehicle for you? If so take them with you and have the vehicle inspected properly and I highly insist that you don't go after the badges on the car, please have a proper look at the CR of the vehicle.

If you don't have such a person, have the vehicle taken to the agents (obviously with permission from the owner) and have a thorough inspection done to know whether the car is "good" or "bad". If you can't understand the report, post it here with the registration number removed so we can help you out :)

No one here hates newbies, but if you don't follow the guidelines properly and start asking stupid questions, you will end up getting slapped from left to right.

Edited by maxxarox
  • Like 1

post-71897-0-31694000-1464866525_thumb.j

post-71897-0-01662300-1464866540_thumb.j

That is not G Limited...that GLi....that is an export model Corolla 121....I didn't know the agents sold the 1.8 over here :D

I'm fairly certain that badge is from something else and this is a 1300 base model brand new manual. Also does it read 1.6 Gli or 1.8 GLi?

I'm fairly certain that badge is from something else and this is a 1300 base model brand new manual. Also does it read 1.6 Gli or 1.8 GLi?

That is the thing...there is a 1.8GLi...but I didn't think the local agents would have sold it here (to be honest I thought the model was only for the middle east and African regions)....I think it says 1.8 GLi. Hard to say....

Edited by iRage