• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Lancer Ck2 Timing Belt

kdw

Hi All,

I recently bought a lancer CK2 (YOM: 2000) and my friends advised me to change the timing belt. It has already done 181,000Km. I would much appreciate if anyone could tell me a rough estimation on the parts.

Thanks.

Kalpa.

Show it to mechanic first. May be the previous owner had already replaced it. I believe a timing belt would last 70k-80k kms. If you have to replace it the belt will cost around Rs.3500 and the bearing will be like Rs.2500. But there will be a replacement charge too.

• Like 1

Show it to mechanic first. May be the previous owner had already replaced it. I believe a timing belt would last 70k-80k kms. If you have to replace it the belt will cost around Rs.3500 and the bearing will be like Rs.2500. But there will be a replacement charge too.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I showed it to a mechanic and he advised to change it. I got price details from the company and i will share details here for others reference.

Timing Belt : Rs: 15346/=

Razer : Rs: 7940/=

Oil Seals : 1. Rs: 1804/=

2. Rs: 1138/=

I didn't go to the company and i bought japan parts from kurunegala..

Timing Belt : 2950/=

Razer : 1950/=

Oil Seal : 330/=

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hi..

Can you tell me where 

On 06/06/2016 at 5:50 PM, kdw said:

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I showed it to a mechanic and he advised to change it. I got price details from the company and i will share details here for others reference.

Timing Belt : Rs: 15346/=

Razer : Rs: 7940/=

Oil Seals : 1. Rs: 1804/=

2. Rs: 1138/=

I didn't go to the company and i bought japan parts from kurunegala..

Timing Belt : 2950/=

Razer : 1950/=

Oil Seal : 330/=

Dear plz tell me where to buy this things in kurunagala. Plz give me contact number or address. Its emergency ...

Thank you

1 hour ago, Noon said:

is this belt original or recondition ?

just some friendly advice .. Do you know what would happen if a timing belt fails during operation ? . It would end with you having to completely repair your engine . by repair i mean pistons,valves would need replacing where the cost would be like waaaaay more that what you are gonna save  . so think twice before searching for cheapass timing belts.

if you want a cheap but sort of reliable alternative. buy the genuine parts . and get it replaced from a reputed workshop . 

At least buy a good brand of oil seals because if they start leaking and you wouldn't notice it,  either the belt would break during operation and cause a huse loss for you or if you notice it then you would have to again waste time at a garage because both the timing wheels and the belt should be removed to replace the oil seals. 

please dont try to find cheap alternatives when it comes to timing belts . take some time to make sure of the quality of the timing belt you are replacing instead of only looking at the price :) 

Edited by Dushyantha

40 minutes ago, Dushyantha said:

just some friendly advice .. Do you know what would happen if a timing belt fails during operation ? . It would end with you having to completely repair your engine . by repair i mean pistons,valves would need replacing where the cost would be like waaaaay more that what you are gonna save  . so think twice before searching for cheapass timing belts.

if you want a cheap but sort of reliable alternative. buy the genuine parts . and get it replaced from a reputed workshop . 

At least buy a good brand of oil seals because if they start leaking and you wouldn't notice it,  either the belt would break during operation and cause a huse loss for you or if you notice it then you would have to again waste time at a garage because both the timing wheels and the belt should be removed to replace the oil seals. 

please dont try to find cheap alternatives when it comes to timing belts . take some time to make sure of the quality of the timing belt you are replacing instead of only looking at the price :) 

thanks your good advice dushyantha . :)