• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

A Problem In Heater Hose Connector

CarManiac

Question

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for experts' advice on the following issue of my recently purchased Mazda Familia BJ5P.

Recently I could observe a slight leakage of coolant and was found that it was form one of the hoses connecting to the heater core.
When I tried to remove the hose I could find that the plastic connector of the hose end had been damaged and can no longer be used again.(The side connecting to the heater core is OK, but the part connecting to the hose is broken and remains inside the hose)

Unfortunately this broken plastic connector seems to be quite difficult to find in my area(Galle), even at reconditioned spare parts outlets and most of them said that it would be very difficult to find it from normal spare part outlets. When I contacted Mazda agents, they told that the part is currently out of stock, but might be available in another 1-2 moths for around Rs.1500.

Now I want to fix this issue asap and what would be the best option for me? Is there any other place where I could buy this heater hose connector? Is there a proper way of mending the broken connector and hose? I've found that bypassing the heater core might be an option, but the heater system of the car was working properly and I don't want to loose it if there's a better option.

A proper solution or advice on this issue would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance :)

6 answers to this question

Try the following Mazda shops in Panchi,

asiri motors 0112543355,

rainbow motors 0112389589,

new rainbow 0112421844/0114718967

Thanks for the information :)

I phoned Rainbow motors yesterday but they said that they don't have it.

I'll try the other places now.

If you want to keep it as original it is ok.

But unless it has climate control AC there is no harm bypassing the heater core.

Heater core itself will make trouble due to ageing.

It doesn't have automatic climate control. Just the conventional climate control with manual temperature control dial.

So your opinion is bypassing the heater core might help avoid future problems as well. I remember the fact that my AC technician told once that most of the used vehicles in SL are having their heaters bypassed or removed. Perhaps that might be the reason.

Thanks for the comment. :)

• Like 1

Try the following Mazda shops in Panchi,

asiri motors 0112543355,

rainbow motors 0112389589,

new rainbow 0112421844/0114718967

I just got that connector from the Rainbow motors at Panchi (it was a brand new spare, the price was a bit higher though) and the issue was fixed. Thanks for the supprot. :)

• Like 1