• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda City 2001 Power Steering

PerfMad

Hi Experts

Two months ago, i bought a Honda city 2001 model car which is a manual. When I bought it had few engine oil leaks and power steering oil leak. Therefore I asked my mechanic to replace all engine oil seals and power steering oil leak.

By the time i bought it, previous owner told he did repair the power steering pump with full kit. However after investigation it was decided that the power steering oil leak is from the rack. Therefore mechanic replaced all the seals in the rack which cost me around 5.5k including labor.

Its been like few weeks but I realized that power steering oil is reducing again. And i did some investigation and found out that it's only leaking when I turn the wheel to right hand side. I showed this to my mechanic again. And he told, he need to dismantle the rack again and see if a seal has worn out again or the issue is with the shaft. He also mentioned there are no recon racks for this if it needs to be replaced.

My concerns are, what could be the issue? In case i need to replace the rack how much will it cost? and where can i buy one for mine??

Expect your valuable inputs guys ...

Cheers

The recently replaced seals leaking may be due to

1.improper installing of the new seals.

2.damaged rack.

if its the seals then that will be fine.. if its the rack only im so worried.. I remember the mechanic showed me that there is a tiny damage in the shaft (podi irak) but he said that should be just fine.. and then replaced the seals... but now im not sure. cz as per him if its the rack, there are no recon racks to be found.. even he isnt sure abt the brand new ones either.. is it that hard to find parts for a common car like this?

I'm not sure on this no second hand rack remark but check with tech motors 011244 1419 and access motors 0714019925

Thanks stig.. Im hoping to put my car to the mechanic tomorrow. however i call these no's and see whether they have stocks with them (in case i need to replace mine)

I just talked to Access they don't seems to be having them..

Also called Teck motors.. they have it but he quoted 80k (yes it is 80 i asked twice) for brandnew rack (doesnt have recon ones with them) :speechless-smiley-004::sport-smiley-027:

• 2 weeks later...

Update guys

----------------

Replaced the worn out oil seal again. Cost me 1500/- oil, seal he didn't charge for the labor. I've been doing almost 200+km after this fix and it looks like issue is resolved. Thanks for your valuable inputs guys..

• Like 1