• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Bumper Mounts Damage

chamila1986

Question

My car is Toyota Premio 2007 NZT260.

When I service my car from Toyota Lanka, they said that 'Bumper mounts damaged' and need to replace front and rear shock ab-sobers. Is it needed to replace shock ab-sobers when bumper mounts are damaged? What is the impact on car if I don't change the shock ab-sobers?

8 answers to this question

You don't need to open multiple threads for each of the issues you have with your car. Instead keep all issues under one thread. BTW I do not see a connection between bumper mounts and shocks unless you have modified bumpers with added weight and very bad shocks. In any case if you shocks are bad they should be replaced not because the bumper mounts are damaged.

Thanks u very much for the replies from Rumesh and Davy.

I have checked your opinion with Toyota Lanka technician. They said that most probably bumper mounts are damaged if shock ab-sobers are damaged. So said that they can not decide what to do until repair time(Replace bumper mounts or replace shock-ab sobers). Replace bumper mounts will cost around 20 000 to 30 000 and replace shock ab-sobers will cost around 120 000 in Toyota Lanka. Can anyone please suggest good place that I can go with low budget.

Thanks u very much for the replies from Rumesh and Davy.

I have checked your opinion with Toyota Lanka technician. They said that most probably bumper mounts are damaged if shock ab-sobers are damaged. So said that they can not decide what to do until repair time(Replace bumper mounts or replace shock-ab sobers). Replace bumper mounts will cost around 20 000 to 30 000 and replace shock ab-sobers will cost around 120 000 in Toyota Lanka. Can anyone please suggest good place that I can go with low budget.

PMed you an alternative. But still I cannot figure out the connection between bumper mounts and shocks. BTW what is the effect you feel due to your bad "bumper mounts" ? rough ride, noise, bad road handling etc??

Hi Rumesh88,

When I'm driving, there's no bad effect I feel. But Toyota Lanka recommended to a replacement. I'm afraid if I'm not replaced, I may more costly repair. Or not sure Toyota Lanka tries to fool me:(

Probability of TL tying to fool you - 90%

Just show it to some other place or get it checked by a mechanic you know for sometime, u know some good fellow if you have.

Edited by ferrarif50