• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Bmw X1

USJP-Gabba

Question

Hi guys,

*I'm currently having a mazda3 2007 and planning to go for a BMW x1 2011/12.

*now, X1 came to my mind purely because I love how it looks

my priorities are...

1. good looking (preferably a SUV - need not be a off road kinda one.. u know...)

2. need to be comfortable

3. reasonable fuel consumption (at least 8kmpl)

4. reselling with a minimum loss

max budget is about 6 mn. please advice friends... if there is a similar thread please send without bashing me.... :)

(one of my friend proposed a montero 2004 and I have no fricking idea on it)

thanks in advance.......

not to say anything here to make you feel depressed, but BMW, Jag and LR and many others are owned by Tata of India.. Speaking of quality of products that is coming out of india, its not so good.. (imo), hence the pricing drops and all..

also the aircon seems to be a pain in the a** of the x1 model when repairing/servicing (personal experience)

BMW 1 Series, the BMW 3 Series, the BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo, the BMW 5 Series, the BMW 7 Series, the BMW X1, the BMW X3 and the BMW X5 are locally produced at BMW Plant Chennai..

Some of the major auto components sourced for local production of cars at BMW Plant Chennai are: Engine and Transmission from Force Motors; Axles from ZF Hero Chassis; Door Panels and Wiring Harness from Draexlmaier India; Exhaust Systems from Tenneco Automotive India; Heating, Ventilating, Air-conditioning and Cooling Modules from Valeo India and Mahle Behr and Seats from Lear India.

source: http://indianexpress.com/article/auto-travel/cars/bmw-to-manufacture-more-cars-in-india-announces-new-prices-for-locally-produced-models/

FYI X1s were brought down here from Germany itself. I think perhaps all models in SL are from germany. Not sure though.

not to say anything here to make you feel depressed, but BMW, Jag and LR and many others are owned by Tata of India.. Speaking of quality of products that is coming out of india, its not so good.. (imo), hence the pricing drops and all..

also the aircon seems to be a pain in the a** of the x1 model when repairing/servicing (personal experience)

BMW 1 Series, the BMW 3 Series, the BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo, the BMW 5 Series, the BMW 7 Series, the BMW X1, the BMW X3 and the BMW X5 are locally produced at BMW Plant Chennai..

Some of the major auto components sourced for local production of cars at BMW Plant Chennai are: Engine and Transmission from Force Motors; Axles from ZF Hero Chassis; Door Panels and Wiring Harness from Draexlmaier India; Exhaust Systems from Tenneco Automotive India; Heating, Ventilating, Air-conditioning and Cooling Modules from Valeo India and Mahle Behr and Seats from Lear India.

source: http://indianexpress.com/article/auto-travel/cars/bmw-to-manufacture-more-cars-in-india-announces-new-prices-for-locally-produced-models/

Is it impossible to bring down a German made car here?...so are the f30s and f10s running around made in india?

Is it impossible to bring down a German made car here?...so are the f30s and f10s running around made in india?

as i told in my previous comments, its my bad assuming and stating that BMW is owned by TATA. Supra_Natural corrected my misconception :)

I've used a 2011 X1 for full 2 years and did in excess of 30000km in it.

It did way more than 8km/l when I used it. In long trips I always got over 16km/l. In colombo it was more like 10-12.

If you can buy parts from singapore, then nothing to worry about. by parts I meant brake pads, rotors, and other wearables. I have no idea about damage repair cost or mechanical defect repairing costs. It was so good to drive, awesome car to own and economical on fuel. But it can be a little hard to manoeuvre around town due to heavy steering. Perfect for 4, but carrying 5 is kind of not comfy. For a diesel, the engine is very refined and powerful. Cabin is quiet. I would like bit more equipment in it though as all it had was the bmw business radio. But who cares, it's a beemer and the chassis is the magnificent E90 chassis. What you have to worry is the cost per service, if u r planning to take it to the dealers. Go buy one. One of the best cars 6mn would buy u. Please let me know if you want to clarify anything.

Xtrail or any other jap would not give the same thrilling drive, but they could be less expensive to maintain if u chose non OEM parts. Well I do think BMWs are as reliable as its japanese counterparts. At least the new ones

PS: If you are not strictly in to a crossover, there are some good Audi A4's lying around for that money too.

Hi, things got bit intense and finally I'm having a 2014 Vezel in one hand and 2011 X1 in the other. please explain me the maintenance cost figures of a X1 to end this once and for all

thanks

Completely OT, but is that your gmail that you have used as the forum handle? Not a wise decision me thinks. There's an option to change the profile name. Just sayin if you didn't know it.

I noticed friend.. tried to change it but couldn't please let me how? i didn't delete the profile since it takes days to enable forum again... thanks in advance ...