• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mazda 3 Why Dohc Engine?

jwenn

Hello there,

I'm just wondering why Mazda agents in here sells Mazda 3 with a DOHC engine while other regions are getting a SkyActiv engine. Is there any particular reason for this? Please someone enlighten me. :speechless-smiley-019:

SkyActiv technology is the iconic feature when it comes to the recent models of Mazda cars. I think here we are missing the good stuff which Mazda is offering (so I'm guessing who's to blame? :speechless-smiley-004:)

Thanks,

jwenn.

Hello there,

I'm just wondering why Mazda agents in here sells Mazda 3 with a DOHC engine while other regions are getting a SkyActiv engine. Is there any particular reason for this? Please someone enlighten me. :speechless-smiley-019:

SkyActiv technology is the iconic feature when it comes to the recent models of Mazda cars. I think here we are missing the good stuff which Mazda is offering (so I'm guessing who's to blame? :speechless-smiley-004:)

Thanks,

jwenn.

We've already discussed this. Please refer to Mazda 3/Axela , Mazda 6 threads.

Primarily the price. Skyactive 3 cost comes close to Skyactive 6 2L same with Axela.
By the way didour you get your Mazda 3 as i remember VAT question previously

Yes I too suppose it maybe the price. But still they can provide the option to go for a Mazda with a SkyActiv, so whoever interested can buy.

@Quiet, Yes I got my car with the price they have promised. Nothing changed due to VAT increase.

Yes I too suppose it maybe the price. But still they can provide the option to go for a Mazda with a SkyActiv, so whoever interested can buy.

@Quiet, Yes I got my car with the price they have promised. Nothing changed due to VAT increase.

It is the price, apparently due to taxation the cost is close to the 6, therefore they would rather push the customers to buy the 6 which does have skyactiv.

And if you want skyactiv tech in a smaller Mazda than the 3 there's always the option of going for the 2. The 2 Sedan is not that much smaller than the 3 and it comes with Skyactiv and the 6 speed gearbox as well as a couple of options the 3 doesn't offer, while being great to drive as well (and surprisingly fast since it's quite light). I got a 2 instead of a 3 because of that.

Edited by Supra_Natural

It is the price, apparently due to taxation the cost is close to the 6, therefore they would rather push the customers to buy the 6 which does have skyactiv.

And if you want skyactiv tech in a smaller Mazda than the 3 there's always the option of going for the 2. The 2 Sedan is not that much smaller than the 3 and it comes with Skyactiv and the 6 speed gearbox as well as a couple of options the 3 doesn't offer, while being great to drive as well (and surprisingly fast since it's quite light). I got a 2 instead of a 3 because of that.

Hmm, I don't like the look of Mazda 2 much that's why I settled with 3 even though it didn't had SkyActiv. Anyhow the DOHC does a good job too, it does 16/kmpl long distance and 12-13/kmpl in city.

How is 2's fuel economy?

Edited by jwenn

Hmm, I don't like the look of Mazda 2 much that's why I settled with 3 even though it didn't had SkyActiv. Anyhow the DOHC does a good job too, it does 16/kmh long distance and 12-13/kmh in city.

Â

How is 2's fuel economy?

What do you mean that you like the looks of 3 but 2. They share the same kodo design - "soul of motion ". From distance they both almost look alike. Edited by sathyajithj99

What do you mean that you like the looks of 3 but 2. They share the same kodo design - "soul of motion ". From distance they both almost look alike.

It maybe shares the same design but to me it looked different than 3, even from the distance , front and the body (I'm much more in to the details, so I can spot the difference) it's more like a previous model Demio. I'm not sure, maybe it's the way I see things :)

It maybe shares the same design but to me it looked different than 3, even from the distance , front and the body (I'm much more in to the details, so I can spot the difference) it's more like a previous model Demio. I'm not sure, maybe it's the way I see things :)

Ah! I see... By the way are you talking about the 2 hatchback because you say it's more like a demio?

Hmm, I don't like the look of Mazda 2 much that's why I settled with 3 even though it didn't had SkyActiv. Anyhow the DOHC does a good job too, it does 16/kmpl long distance and 12-13/kmpl in city.

How is 2's fuel economy?

12-13 in the city? are you getting down and pushing the car? lol... Even the agents claim 10 in the city for the 3. As for the 2, they claim 12-14 but I am not seeing anything like that yet, could be the fact that the car is still running in - done just over 3000 KM or could just be the fact that I make use of the performance rather than driving like a Prius/Aqua owner.

12-13 in the city? are you getting down and pushing the car? lol... Even the agents claim 10 in the city for the 3. As for the 2, they claim 12-14 but I am not seeing anything like that yet, could be the fact that the car is still running in - done just over 3000 KM or could just be the fact that I make use of the performance rather than driving like a Prius/Aqua owner.

I'm not sure. that's what it indicates, perhaps the stats are wrong then. I went from Colombo to Negombo last week and I did use cruse control on highway too. It indicated 16 kmpl.

I'm not sure. that's what it indicates, perhaps the stats are wrong then. I went from Colombo to Negombo last week and I did use cruse control on highway too. It indicated 16 kmpl.

You did do the conversion from the indicated L/100km to KMPL right? Highway figure sounds about right.

oh.. you got a 2? that angry looking little monster! looks better than the 3, but not the 6 :)

BTW, how much would be the cost of a brandnew 2 ?

BTW prices are gone up for Mazda 3 :sad-smiley-067: Not sure about the already ordered ones though :speechless-smiley-019:

Same for the already ordered ones as of now. Maybe they will give an amnesty for them if they were already enroute.

oh.. you got a 2? that angry looking little monster! looks better than the 3, but not the 6 :)

BTW, how much would be the cost of a brandnew 2 ?

yeah man, retired the good old Hilux from daily hacking duties after 8 years. Will be doing it up for off roading when funds and time allow. It was just over 5 when I bought it but I hear with the new revisions it'll be 6 plus

Ho Supra! You parted with the Mazda 6 then?

Of course not, absolutely love the thing.

On the contrary....he is starting to farm Mazdas... :sport-smiley-004:

haha... just 2 of them.