• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

KingSasanka

I need to get to Nuwara Eliya via Kandy tomorrow. Anyone with knowledge of the road conditions? Any blocks on the A2?

Colombo - Kandy - Gampola road is clear all the way not even a fallen tree branch on the road, I traveled yesterday. Don't think the rest of the way is any different. I'm traveling to N'Eliya next weekend from Colombo, not sure about the Hatton - Thalawakale stretch, as I've heard its very dangerous when raining due to land slides.

• Like 1

Colombo - Kandy - Gampola road is clear all the way not even a fallen tree branch on the road, I traveled yesterday. Don't think the rest of the way is any different. I'm traveling to N'Eliya next weekend from Colombo, not sure about the Hatton - Thalawakale stretch, as I've heard its very dangerous when raining due to land slides.

Agreed. Colombo - Kandy - Gampola is completely fine (a few relations of mine used it today), but don't even think of using the road via Avissawella - Ginigathhena to get to N'Eliya.

Edited by maxxarox
  • Like 1

Agreed. Colombo - Kandy - Gampola is completely fine (a few relations of mine used it today), but don't even think of using the road via Avissawella - Ginigathhena to get to N'Eliya.

Thanks for the heads up, yeah I too thought to avoid that road, so whats the alternative route avoiding Avissawella??

Thanks for the heads up, yeah I too thought to avoid that road, so whats the alternative route avoiding Avissawella??

You don't have to avoid Avissawella, the area is completely fine. The issues are actually between Talduwa (2km beyond Avissawella) and Ginigathhena (floods and landslides). The detour to N'Eliya would be via Avissawella - Rathnapura - Balangoda - Haputale which would be roughly 80km longer.

If you can wait another day or two for the water to settle, you can go through Avissawella - Ruwanwella - Kegalle - Mawanella.

Why don't you guys avoid long trips these days until the things get settled?

No can do machan, long time planned trips and booked hotels with no refunds. But I'm actually going next weekend not this weekend, things might actually get settled by then.

No can do machan, long time planned trips and booked hotels with no refunds. But I'm actually going next weekend not this weekend, things might actually get settled by then.

Is that so?. Then you've got some time. Things will get settled by then ,hopefully. Specially @ Thalduwa so that you can take the route via Avissawella and Ginigathhena.

Floods should have been settled by then, drop me a PM if you need any information about the route before you leave, I live @ Avissawella at the moment :)

• Like 1

What about OP's original query? Travailing through Anuradhapura is a bit risky. One of my friend traveled from Jaffna to Colombo on Wednesday. He said there were few flooded places, but it wasn't a problem for buses, no idea for light vehicles. Kurunagala - Dambulla - Habarana road should be ok but I heard yesterday that a part of Colombo - Kurunagala road was flooded. Maybe your best bet is to travel to Kandy and head to Trinco via A9.

• Like 1

I am sure Aqua is too low to take the risk.

Thanks Guys.

Things can wait, as I have not done any hotel bookings yet.

What about OP's original query? Travailing through Anuradhapura is a bit risky. One of my friend traveled from Jaffna to Colombo on Wednesday. He said there were few flooded places, but it wasn't a problem for buses, no idea for light vehicles. Kurunagala - Dambulla - Habarana road should be ok but I heard yesterday that a part of Colombo - Kurunagala road was flooded. Maybe your best bet is to travel to Kandy and head to Trinco via A9.

TRY THIS ROUTE YESTERDAY I CAMEFROM TRINCO.

COLOMBO-KATUNAYAKE EXPRESS WAY-MINUWANGODA-GIRIULLA-NARAMMALA-(FROM NARAMMALA TOWN TURN LEFT TO ANURADHAPURA DIRECTION)PADENIYA-(THROUGH AMPANPOLA,THAMBUTHAEGAMA-THALAWA)-ANURADHAPURA-TRINCOMALEE.

THIS ROUTE IS 40 KM MORE TO DRIVE THAN THE NORMAL ROUTE BUT SAFE LESS TRAFFIC ,ROADS ARE GOOD CONDITION SAFE TO OUR VECHILE AND DURATION IS ALMOST SAME IF AVG SPEED IS 60-70KMPH OR LESSTHAN THE NORMAL ROUTE.

• Like 1

COLOMBO-KATUNAYAKE EXPRESS WAY-MINUWANGODA-GIRIULLA-NARAMMALA-(FROM NARAMMALA TOWN TURN LEFT TO ANURADHAPURA DIRECTION)PADENIYA-(THROUGH AMPANPOLA,THAMBUTHAEGAMA-THALAWA)-ANURADHAPURA-TRINCOMALEE.

THIS ROUTE IS 40 KM MORE TO DRIVE THAN THE NORMAL ROUTE BUT SAFE LESS TRAFFIC ,ROADS ARE GOOD CONDITION SAFE TO OUR VECHILE AND DURATION IS ALMOST SAME IF AVG SPEED IS 60-70KMPH OR LESSTHAN THE NORMAL ROUTE.

Holy caps lock! :)

Edited by Kavvz
  • Like 1

Understanding netiquette guidelines when communicating on the World Wide Web.

I guess reading this will help you more.

• Like 1