• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Tax Change On Vehicles

Quiet

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Quiet" data-cid="292855" data-time="1464334515"><p>

10Mn wow. They offered me mazda 6 2.5L for that price one week back :speechless-smiley-006:</p></blockquote>

...and they quoted only 8.2 million for a 2.5 back in September last year. I went for a 2L

Mazda 6 2L new price is 11Mn. They told me my advance payment will be refunded. :sport-smiley-005:

Good for you in another way.No one will import a mazda for 11m.Therefor very less people will be willing to buy used ones due to unavaialbillty+ less parts etc.

well eternal optimist i am, Im gonna sell my Vitz tomorrow (already advertised on Sunday papers and bought a separate sim for that) and put a deposit for 8.00Mn @ 10% and drive around in my wife's Vezel until something positive happens to the vehicle market.

And like all proposals of this government there is a possibility of giving a waiver for LC's already opened :sleeping-smiley-001:

Good for you in another way.No one will import a mazda for 11m.Therefor very less people will be willing to buy used ones due to unavaialbillty+ less parts etc.

The agent's have imported over 700 Mazda 6s since the launch in 2013. So what "unavailability" are you on about? If anything the used market will likely go higher. The reason there aren't that many for sale is because they are really good cars and the people who have them are hanging on to them.

well eternal optimist i am, Im gonna sell my Vitz tomorrow (already advertised on Sunday papers and bought a separate sim for that) and put a deposit for 8.00Mn @ 10% and drive around in my wife's Vezel until something positive happens to the vehicle market.

And like all proposals of this government there is a possibility of giving a waiver for LC's already opened :sleeping-smiley-001:

You're planning to sell the Vitz for 8 million?

The agent's have imported over 700 Mazda 6s since the launch in 2013. So what "unavailability" are you on about? If anything the used market will likely go higher. The reason there aren't that many for sale is because they are really good cars and the people who have them are hanging on to them.

I agree with the statment and they're realy good cars.But with the duy hike it seems it will cost more than 10m now to import. very few people will consider to buy a mazda at that cost in future.In my experiance mazdas second hand value never did got higher.I remember back then previous generation axela prices droped down by almost 2-3m.It may hang around at the same value but will not likely to go higher.

I agree with the statment and they're realy good cars.But with the duy hike it seems it will cost more than 10m now to import. very few people will consider to buy a mazda at that cost in future.In my experiance mazdas second hand value never did got higher.I remember back then previous generation axela prices droped down by almost 2-3m.It may hang around at the same value but will not likely to go higher.

Your experience is outdated. The new generation of Mazdas is considerably different from the previous ones. Just FYI we bought the 6 one year ago for 5.6 Million and this year the second hand going rate was 6.5 million for a similar year and condition car.

Also, even after the price of the 2.5 litre model of the 6 went up previously to 10 million plus there were a significant number of orders for them. Therefore people clearly are buying them at 10 Million. Whether they will continue to buy the 2.0 Litre 6 at 10 Million remains to be seen, definitely sales will go down from the current very rapid sale rate.

Don't forget that the price of EVERY car has gone up significantly. BMWs and Audis which were previously 10 million will now likely be 15 or more. So sales of everything will slow.