• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Tax Change On Vehicles

Quiet

Machan what happened to your paper ad for sale Vitz.What is the 2nd hand value now.has it dropped...or What

Sold for Rs.3.00Mn last Sunday. Thereafter i did not dare to look at Vitz prices now. Maybe i made a loss or maybe i made a gain but bygones are bygones

Does anyone have any update on this? A guy at Office told me one of his customers was able to re-confirm his Benz at originally agreed prize at D*MO which is being cleared from port this week.

Im hoping government has given concessions to already opened LC's but no news yet.

Does anyone have any update on this? A guy at Office told me one of his customers was able to re-confirm his Benz at originally agreed prize at D*MO which is being cleared from port this week.

Im hoping government has given concessions to already opened LC's but no news yet.

They usually relent and allow concessions to already opened LCs. The best place to check would be the agents because they get the news first.

Heard that A*W has done a massive price increase for the ex stock X-trails cleared under the old tax scheme.

Well it is only natural....after all they are running a business and realise that they are going to sell a lot less cars in the days to come so are trying to make up for what might be lost during this time...

i dont think any one will buy at new prices. i dont know the x trail prices but mazda 6 2L is 12Mn. I think it is a mistake to sell ex stock at jacked up prices. They have already increased those *lto prices i heard

Heard that A*W has done a massive price increase for the ex stock X-trails cleared under the old tax scheme.

They are right to do that. If they don't sell it for an increased price, people will be flocking A*W to get X Trails just to buy and sell them for a quick buck.

I wonder what the tax of the 2016 Audi A4 with 1.4l engine will be after the recent update. http://www.t-online.de/auto/tests/id_76854000/audi-a4-limousine-1-4-tfsi-sport-technische-daten.html

Considering that 1.5l Vessel which got about 0.5mil reduction ,should be about 0.7million tax reduction? Or the customs also consider horse power,not only engine capacity?

Edited by RViji

what will happen is once our guys start ordering Vezel's from Jap auction the prices will automatically go up (thats what the importers will say) and customers will be offered a vehicle at jacked up prices.

Good point about Japanese used vehicles where taxes were reduced. But what about brand new imports below 1.5L benefiting from the tax change,can we be optimistic?

Edited by RViji

Nobody knows what will be the selling price!

No proper calculation yet!

All vehicles are not calculated by engine capacity.

Lets say a vezel cif is 2 million

And tax by engine capacity is 3 million and tax by cif value is 3.5 million. The customs will go by cif value or vice versa. Whichever is higher!!

Edited by zeem35

Best is to let things settle down and then ask the agents what the scene is. They'll figure something out eventually if they have any sense.

That Audi 1.4 TFSI looks interesting, that in the A3 might come at a competitive number. Also Fords 1.0 Litre turbo should start coming in also.

Sold for Rs.3.00Mn last Sunday. Thereafter i did not dare to look at Vitz prices now. Maybe i made a loss or maybe i made a gain but bygones are bygones
2009 1000CC push start 8 air bag 100K mileage black

Damn it. Lucky I got a good deal when buying my Focus. Still typical lankan is happy to pay 3mil for a seven year old car with 100k milage, on top of that just for a 1000cc!!!!!

According to customs FOB

Audi A3 1.4 20,921

Exchange rate Rs.165.952

Tax 160% on fob or 2750 x 1400 whichever higher!

So the tax will be 20921 x 165.952 x 160%

= Rs.5,555,010

Is this correct??

Edited by zeem35

Yes, I am a bit skeptical about how a 1.4l engine can produce 150PS! Even the Prius with 1.8l engine And electric motor combined has less than that.

Funny how the prius is your benchmark for performance. you may have caught a bit of frog in a well syndrome. if you go along that line of thought the BMW i8 must have some voodoo magic going on cos it claims over 360PS (230+130) out of a 1499cc engine.

:D

Btw your skepticism is invalid! Unlike in sri lanka where people measure engine power using their butt-dynos, manufacturers actually have standards and machinery that measure these quantitative figures.

Yes, I am a bit skeptical about how a 1.4l engine can produce 150PS! Even the Prius with 1.8l engine And electric motor combined has less than that.

Why are you comparing an Atkinson cycle engine to an otto cycle engine? Do you even know the difference ? Also do you understand the difference between turbocharged vs NA engines? Edited by The Stig
  • Like 3

I was not comparing,but how a smaller direct injection turbocharged system can produce more horsepower than a 400cc bigger engine+2motors,with about20kmpl efficiency is a valid question. Thanks,The prices for 1.4 TFSi or the 2.0Tdi?of course

Without permit?