• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Tax Change On Vehicles

Quiet

Roumours are around that vehicle tax structure is about to change with vehicles below 1800CC tax being decreased and vehicles above 1800CC tax being increased. Any one know about this. I m just about to sell my vitz and buy a Mazda 6. If this happens i will be in a soup.

Agree with Crosswind. People are too selfish these days, try and do something to help those poor souls.

Regarding your question, the government may not increase the tax on vehicles since the prices already went up 2-3 times, but with the way the rupee is depreciating right now you never know.

Stop worrying about the tax. If you know that there are rumors of the prices increasing, sell you Vitz quickly (probably for a slightly cheaper price than you have on mind at the moment) and go for the Mazda.

If you don't want to do that, then be prepared to pay an extra cost if the prices rise. Luck doesn't always turn in your favour, you have to make decisions and learn to live with them the way they turn out.

Edited by maxxarox
  • Like 1

gosh... that's called narrow mindedness. Some one commenting on something without knowing any facts at all. I have to look after my day to day personal affairs whilst also doing my part for people who are affected.

I do not want to boast on what i have done. So still if anyone is interested in knowing ( do not know for what) im sorry im not interested in telling

gosh... that's called narrow mindedness. Some one commenting on something without knowing any facts at all. I have to look after my day to day personal affairs whilst also doing my part for people who are affected.

I do not want to boast on what i have done. So still if anyone is interested in knowing ( do not know for what) im sorry im not interested in telling

I'm not currently part of this discussion, but I'm interested in knowing :)

Roumours are around that vehicle tax structure is about to change with vehicles below 1800CC tax being decreased and vehicles above 1800CC tax being increased. Any one know about this. I m just about to sell my vitz and buy a Mazda 6. If this happens i will be in a soup.

well refer after that as im not interested in telling.

Why don't you just sell the vitz buy the 6 and bugger off?? I sense a car dealer trying to create a hype and then pay 800 bugs and post an advert in AL....

he he every one has a right to opinion mate. Only problem is i can sell the vitz but Mazda vehicle shipment comes in June where i already made an advance paymnt of Rs.0.500Mn.however if price is increased i do not have cash although C l nial did undertake to deliver at Rs.7.60Mn fixed price, do not know if they will take a hit on considerable price increase.

If a car dealer can create enough hype to sell off his vehicle at a higher price here i guess this forum would have been flooded. no logic at all.

I think "Quiet" is right. this forum is to discuss about auto mobile matters. People can't ignore their day to day work although there is a flood in some where else. it's true we should help them, there is no argument on that. But mean while we have to look after our work too.

Any way there is point on this tropic too. there are large no of vehicle affected by this flood in addition to people. what are the remedies can be taken for them to recover it.in addition what happened to the second hand vehicle market.

<disclaimer> the following paragraph is aimed at no one in particular, just my 0.002 on how the thread has progressed </disclaimer>

You know, I think we need to check ourselves before flaming people; this is a forum about cars, and like it or not car taxes is a big deal to the majority of potential buyers. Having said that, rumour mongering is always frowned upon here, therefore it's safer to use one's status update for discussions on such things rather than creating a thread and inviting one's self to scrutiny (and flaming if a credible source isn't/cannot be disclosed). True when the thread was made, there were bigger things to worry about, however I did not see a single post related to the floods nor flood relief. So you know... glass houses and all that.

• Like 2

PLEASE EXPLAIN .I CANT UNDERSTAND ANYTHING ABOUT THAT GASSETTE

Take the prius.

This doc says it is to be taxed at either 160% of FOB value or Rs.4000 per CC whichever is higher. (basis : Hybrid between 1600-2000cc)

The prius has a FOB around JPY 2.44 mil which in LKR terms is 2.44 * 1.34 = LKR 3.3 Mil.

Now

if you use the FOB method your tax should be = 3.3 mil *160% = 5.2 mil (Under old scheme this was 90%)

if you go by CC method your tax should be = LKR 4,000 *1790 = 7.16 mil (Under old scheme this was way less than 4,000, cnt remember the number)

In the previous system the FOB method was higher than CC method for prius.

With this scheme no prices for guessing which is higher and you will now have to pay 7.2 mil as taxes alone instead of the 3.4 mil value that has been charged before. (And this is excluding VAT, i don't know whether that applies or not now)

hope i got it right.

Edited by B2Spirit
  • Like 2

neither have i sold myVitz or got my Mazda 6 delivered. Any one explain to me what the price of Mazda 6 2L would be. I ordered it for 7.6Mn with 0.5Mn advance payment. Agent gave me a letter saying the price will not be changed from agreed 7.6Mn. But their invoice says any tax changes should be bourne by the client.

Also any idea on now price of Vitz 2009 black 1000CC with all these rubbish going on.

Edited by Quiet

So in almost all cases tax on FOB will be different to tax on engine capacity - which applies? Is it the higher of the two or the lower of the two?

neither have i sold myVitz or got my Mazda 6 delivered. Any one explain to me what the price of Mazda 6 2L would be. I ordered it for 7.6Mn with 0.6Mn advance payment. Agent gave me a letter saying the price will not be changed from agreed 7.6Mn. But their invoice says any tax changes should be bourne by the client.

Also any idea on now price of Vitz 2009 black 1000CC with all these rubbish going on.

You will have to pay according to the new scheme for the X trail unless the customs give you a concession

So in almost all cases tax on FOB will be different to tax on engine capacity - which applies? Is it the higher of the two or the lower of the two?

in the tax world it's always "whichever is higher".

I don't think it wud be any different on this.

neither have i sold myVitz or got my Mazda 6 delivered. Any one explain to me what the price of Mazda 6 2L would be. I ordered it for 7.6Mn with 0.5Mn advance payment. Agent gave me a letter saying the price will not be changed from agreed 7.6Mn. But their invoice says any tax changes should be bourne by the client.

Hope they are getting it down on a permit if so you should be ok,