• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

My New M3

madmax

Uhhh. Didn't you get the topic title wrong?

Huh?

Ah! such a pretty sight. My best wishes on the new arrival Max!

(You know when I said you need to have more kids I didn't mean these kinda kids, but hey! THIS WORKS! :D )

Weirdly that topic has been coming up too much recently. But both me and the wife agreed we just don't want to have another baby at this time. Our daughter will be a teenager in another 4 years.

Niiice! Tell us more about it will you, how it is to drive and so on.

Also more pictures please!

Drives amazing, I had the chance to drive one on the BMW test track. BMW did an amazing job on the car except for the exhaust. I will echo what most people have said before, the exhaust sound is disappointing. At low rpms without any load and the exhaust valves closed (throttle on efficient) it sounds like a two stroke mo-ped and I'm not kidding. It does get better under WOT.

• Like 1

Weirdly that topic has been coming up too much recently. But both me and the wife agreed we just don't want to have another baby at this time. Our daughter will be a teenager in another 4 years.

Whoa! I was joking then, and I'm joking now. You guys have a good setup, why mess with it? ;)

Sweet ride madmax! Congrats! Looks like you've done the grille in black. Nice!

I got a chance to drive an M3 a couple of months back. Belonged to a friend. A 2012 one though. Loved it! Sure it only got better after 2012. :)

Sweet ride madmax! Congrats! Looks like you've done the grille in black. Nice!

I got a chance to drive an M3 a couple of months back. Belonged to a friend. A 2012 one though. Loved it! Sure it only got better after 2012. :)

I added the black grill and a few more carbon fiber accessories to go with it.

Hey Max, I checked out the videos of the performance center on your facebook page: pretty cool. I do have a question though:

Why does BMW encourage their owners to visit the performance center via a discounted rate for car delivery / pick up there? I don't get it? After all these cars haven't been broken in yet right? So what's the point?

Edited by Kavvz

Hey Max, I checked out the videos of the performance center on your facebook page: pretty cool. I do have a question though:

Why does BMW encourage their owners to visit the performance center via a discounted rate for car delivery / pick up there? I don't get it? After all these cars haven't been broken in yet right? So what's the point?

The performance center delivery is not discounted like European delivery. It's free and they pay for the hotel stay and meals. It's a good marketing exercise that builds brand loyalty. Also the cars that we drive on the track are not our very own cars but a fleet of cars owned by BMW. These cars are properly broken in by the staff by everyday use before they get assigned track duty.

The performance center delivery is not discounted like European delivery. It's free and they pay for the hotel stay and meals. It's a good marketing exercise that builds brand loyalty. Also the cars that we drive on the track are not our very own cars but a fleet of cars owned by BMW. These cars are properly broken in by the staff by everyday use before they get assigned track duty.

Oh no kidding? Buy a Beemer and get a free holiday BMW style? That's pretty slick-Very cool spot of marketing that. But what if one crashes one of these said cars? Are you on the hook for it?

Oh no kidding? Buy a Beemer and get a free holiday BMW style? That's pretty slick-Very cool spot of marketing that. But what if one crashes one of these said cars? Are you on the hook for it?

We did sign waivers, but it didn't say we were liable for the cars. I'm sure their insurance covers it.

We did sign waivers, but it didn't say we were liable for the cars. I'm sure their insurance covers it.

Waivers for personal injury etc I guess, so that's a pretty sweet deal- All the fun, with no liability and all on the house too-Awesome: Gotta love BMW for it.