• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Rain Acid Removet

akboselk

Those are water spots, nothing to do with acid rain (acid doesn't affect glass, which is why used glass beakers to carry out HCL and H2SO4). Use a good glass stain remover and you'll be good.

• Like 1

Terra-

It does not go away for the normal glass cleaning stuff. Have the same prob on the allion.

Saw on the forum someone suggested cutting it from a 2000 sand paper sometime back. Tried on a very small area to test it didn't work as well.

any more suggestions? any one?

thanks in advance.

Had same issue with my car (Kiul Watura) and used several products but unable to remove. Cut and polish done,then all gone.

I was about to suggest cutting and polishing. I don't think its worth it to pay a hefty sum for cutting and polishing the entire windscreen for a few spots like those (I remember Mr.Sylvi charging around 15k from a previous thread, almost the price of a new windshield).

How much did it actually cost you for the cutting and polishing the windscreen?

Im also having the same issue..but one of the service station owner told me that there is a chemical for that & they r doing the cleaning process ..itz just only 1500/= for front windshield

Holy Crap! People are charging Rs 1500 for some bs cleaning service to get water spots off the windscreen?! Madness! Read this post where I explain how to clean water spots / mineral deposits (same as kiul watura as noted above) and save yourself some money.

Afterwards if you are feeling happy that your windscreen is all sparkly clean and / or feeling rich now that you've saved yourself Rs 1500, feel free to donate Rs 5 to any church/ temple / kovil / mosque and we'll consider it an even exchange!

Edited by Kavvz
  • Like 1

I didnt did it bro..I have to do it for my all glasses.he asked me 4500/= for all.still im looking for diy thing.

You really don't need to do all the windows, just the windscreen (as having water spots doesn't really make a difference on the other windows).

If you are picky, and absolutely want to do all the windows, get a hold of a cheap waxer / random orbital polisher and use that to rub the windows down with vinegar after you wash the car. It shouldn't take you more than 15 mins to do all the windows that way....

Edited by Kavvz

Yez kavvz.once I tried that vinegar thing..but it didnt gave me any success. .but once again im going to try that as u mentioned in this post by useing vinegar and coconut

Vinegar and coconut? No I meant that any kind of vinegar would do, including the types of vinegar they make from coconut (pol-ra vinegar)...

• Like 1

Ha..ha..ohh my bad..

Yeah! Rubbing grated coconut and vinegar over the windows wouldn't be that beneficial it would however be quite hilarious! Your maid / house keeper would be like: "Why are you trying to make a pol sambol on the car window, Sir? Had you asked, I would make one for you ne? " :D

Edited by Kavvz
  • Like 1

Yeah! Rubbing grated coconut and vinegar over the windows wouldn't be that beneficial it would however be quite hilarious! Your maid / house keeper would be like: "Why are you trying to make a pol sambol on the car window, Sir? Had you asked, I would make one for you ne? " :D

Who use vinegar to make pol sambol? :D

Who use vinegar to make pol sambol? :D

The upper echelons in-charge of food related matters at our house substitute it when they don't have lime juice. A quality control issue that I am yet to take up with them, but then again I always end up losing those domestic spats, so yeah, anyways....

Edited by Kavvz
  • Like 1