• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Daihatsu Hijet

Jbkumara

You've already done the first mistake, buying a vehicle from a sale. The odometer reading would probably have been reversed. Some sales re-wire the engine check light to the oil pressure light so that it doesn't light up even if there's a problem when the engine is running, but does light up when the ignition is in the "ON" position to show that its operational.

Make sure there are no error codes using an OBDII scanner.

Have the timing belt inspected by a mechanic and replaced if necessary since the vehicle is nearing 100k kms. What's the YOM of the vehicle?

Begin with the basics, change the engine oil, filter, transmission fluid, coolant and brake oil if you intend to keep the vehicle for a few years, should help you out in the long run. You might be able to skip transmission fluid, coolant and brake oil if they are in good condition, but changing them is recommended if you don't have previous service records.

Then check the fuel consumption, if its a bit on the higher side compared to the average values the vehicle gets (you should get around 12-15kmpl if you're light on the accelator), doing a tune up may help.

Regarding the engine oil, you might have to check that in the vehicle manual or you can just call the agents (Softlogic Automobiles) and ask.

The odometer reading might even be correct, but a car sale is involved so you never know :)

Edited by maxxarox
  • Like 1

Okay, so you have the 10th generation of the Hijet (S320), the mileage reading is probably genuine as the van is somewhat new. You can begin with the oil/fluid changes if you didn't get any previous service records.

I couldn't find the user manual for your vehicle, but found the user manual for the Daihatsu Atrai (which is basically the same vehicle, just a different name is used in the Japanese market). The manual is in Japanese so you might have to convert it to English using a translator like "Google Translator", proceed with care as this manual is for the 2015 model so may have a few differences compared to the 2012 model.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=A95C95A002AEBA33!3400&authkey=!AL6wwHkJIbKGZLk&ithint=file%2cpdf

Mods, I'm not sure whether I'm allowed to post links on the forum, so if this violates any rules feel free to remove the link :)

Had a good air filter... just clean them...but spark plugs ... do i need to change them or what?

Sparks plugs and air filter are part of the engine tune-up process. Yes, change the plugs if you don't have previous service records, they won't cost you a lot. Go for Iridium ones if you intend to keep the vehicle for a while :)

If you don't have any issues such as rough idle, engine misfiring, jerking, high fuel consumption, lack of acceleration, trouble starting etc you may be able to use the current spark plugs for a while, but please have their condition/gap inspected.

• Like 1

Thanx Maxxarox.. for now engine goes smoothly..even the fuel abt 16km per ltr. Yeaterday i have done first service. change d oil filter. they said much better to cleand d engine b4 v use new engine oil, since we dnt know what they use in japan. So they put engine cleaner can and keep d van start for 20 mins. That cleaner cost me 2850/. And after filled with shell synthatic engine oil. ATF didnt change . They said oil seems ok and will do it next time. They r doing it manualy and it will cost 5000-6000.

Hi bro..im also having the same vehicle..

I used Toyota 10w30 as engine oil

"Aisin" oil for auto gear oil

But unfortunately spark plugs are hard to find(genuine matching part numbers one)

Normally its coming with NGK "LKR6C" normal spark plugs

For this model Irredium one is denso "IXUH22I"

But very rare to find.

Btw its a good vehicle.

• Like 1

Hi bro..im also having the same vehicle..

I used Toyota 10w30 as engine oil

"Aisin" oil for auto gear oil

But unfortunately spark plugs are hard to find(genuine matching part numbers one)

Normally its coming with NGK "LKR6C" normal spark plugs

For this model Irredium one is denso "IXUH22I"

But very rare to find.

Btw its a good vehicle.

They might be rare here, but there are plenty available on eBay.

Edited by maxxarox
  • Like 1