• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Please Recommend Repair Place For Fit Aria Cvt Gearbox

LancerL

Hi Experts

Writing this after having a in depth search on the forum regarding the above and ended up with no clue.

I just brought a FIT Aria 2003 GD8 with 7 speed tiptronic and having a issue in slight vibration comes when accelerate from 0KMPH in D (Not a hard acceleration, just a normal pickup) for about second or two and goes away, also a slight vibration in D with brake pressed.

Apart, having some jerks in once in a while when climbing down with engine brake in D.

When I show this to agents (I wont mention as everyone knows) they suggest me to replace the Gearbox with a recon one and they quoted 90,000/- with only 3 days warranty.

1. Can somebody please tell me a good place to repair this. If possible what will be the expected cost. (Repairing will be better as you know what is in rather a closed recon one)

2. If repairing not possible, a good place to get the replacement done with a decent warranty and the cost for it.

Thanks

Edited by LancerL

Hi Experts

Writing this after having a in depth search on the forum regarding the above and ended up with no clue.

One of my friend just brought a FIT Aria 2003 GD8 with 7 speed tiptronic and he is having a issue in slight vibration comes when accelerate from 0KMPH in D (Not a hard acceleration, just a normal pickup) for about second or two and goes away, also a slight vibration in D with brake pressed.

Apart, having some jerks in once in a while when climbing down with engine brake in D.

When he show this to agents (I wont mention as everyone knows) they suggest him to replace the Gearbox with a recon one and they quoted 90,000/- with only 3 days warranty.

1. Can somebody please tell me a good place to repair this. If possible what will be the expected cost. (Repairing will be better as you know what is in rather a closed recon one)

2. If repairing not possible, a good place to get the replacement done with a decent warranty and the cost for it.

Thanks

I've opened a thread some time ago.. you may find some advices + places and pricing which was quoted during those days here

http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/16737-honda-citygd8-2004-cvt-gear-box-issue/

I went to a place in Dehiwala referred by a forum member and after a test drive he recommend to replace CVT oil and the problem will disappear.

Brought 4 canes of 1Ltr CVT from agents cost me 8,100/- and replaced at his garage. Yes he was right now no more vibrations/Jerks in acceleration.

Thanks for the input guys..

• Like 1

I went to a place in Dehiwala referred by a forum member and after a test drive he recommend to replace CVT oil and the problem will disappear.

Brought 4 canes of 1Ltr CVT from agents cost me 8,100/- and replaced at his garage. Yes he was right now no more vibrations/Jerks in acceleration.

So the agents wanted you to completely replace it with another gearbox even though the problem could have been rectified by changing the CVT fluid? Wow.

• Like 1

Drive it for sometime, if issue occurs again before running atleast 10000km then probably its time for a gearbox swap.

Because sometimes, changing the gearbox oil will resolve the issue for some extent, but it will come again if gear box if faulty.. therefore pay close attention to mileage and vibrations cz honda CVT's tend to fail sooner compared to conventional gearboxes..

• 1 year later...

IF there is a gear box repair u  should be in the place till the work is done . we can't trust people.

try below places

1st step  Mr Nishantha   ( 0777799953) he is an electrician.but gear box activities are done.he is a honest person. so talk to him and get an advice.

in some places gearbox repairs are done.(use google to get information about them)

Rasanjana motors( he was  a clever man when he was young but not now)

Nilwala motors( be careful he chargers a lot but good)

Nilanka gear box repairs(he gives 100000km or 1 year warranty) but chargers are vary from person to person)