• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Steering Wheel Problem

sandun87

In my 99 VIRS steering wheel all functions are not working(S1,S2,horn)and also SRS light illuminated on the dashboard.they said the ribbon was broken.can you say what is this ribbon and what is the actual name of it and also what can i do for this.its an auto gear version.thank you.

In vehicle steering systems a clock spring or clockspring is a spiral-wound special rotary electrical connector which allows a vehicle's steering wheel to turn while still making an electrical connection between the steering wheel airbag and/or the vehicle's horn and other devices and the vehicle's electrical systems. The clockspring is located between the steering wheel and the steering column.

~~wikipedia~~

Have you done any repair to steering system before the problem?

Anyway I know a guy who can fix this in Kandy. I'm sure there are many in CMB as well but Stafford would be my no 1 choice in this case. Good luck!

• Like 1