• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Winkler Mirrors Get Stuck

KingSasanka

Question

I have noticed lately that the mirrors get stuck, when the car was parked in the heat for sometime.

Mine is Aqua G grade 2013 model.

Is this a common issue or what can I do to resolve it?

Thanks in advance.

KS

8 answers to this question

I have noticed lately that the mirrors get stuck, when the car was parked in the heat for sometime.Mine is Aqua G grade 2013 model.Is this a common issue or what can I do to resolve it?Thanks in advance.KS

One of my colleagues had this problem with her Aqua 2014. She always calls me when it gets stuck :D

Usually I correct it by turning on/off the ignition a few times and pressing the power mirror button.

But she's corrected it after I asked her to check it with an electric guy at a garage . As she said it was not a big issue to repair it.

• Like 1

I guess OP is referring to the electric folding operation.

I recently took apart the mirror of my father's Mazda Demio which also had the same symptoms. The folding mechanism is basically a tiny motor attached to a few plastic gears + a plastic clutch that slips so that the motor doesn't get stuck (and thereby overheat and burn) on load. This means that any additional friction the motor has to deal with will cause the clutch to slip and the mirror to not open/fold. Lubricating the mechanism (particularly the hinge) solved the issue.

The mechanics of the mirror on the Aqua should be similar. So a simple cleanup and lubrication should solve the issue.

• Like 1

Thanks.

But How to lubricate the mirror without taking it apart?

(I am not a techie).

I guess OP is referring to the electric folding operation.

I recently took apart the mirror of my father's Mazda Demio which also had the same symptoms. The folding mechanism is basically a tiny motor attached to a few plastic gears + a plastic clutch that slips so that the motor doesn't get stuck (and thereby overheat and burn) on load. This means that any additional friction the motor has to deal with will cause the clutch to slip and the mirror to not open/fold. Lubricating the mechanism (particularly the hinge) solved the issue.

The mechanics of the mirror on the Aqua should be similar. So a simple cleanup and lubrication should solve the issue.

Thanks.

But How to lubricate the mirror without taking it apart?

(I am not a techie).

Take it to a place that does. There are plenty of places around Delkanda, Wijerama, Darley Road that will do the repair for you.

Honestly, you don't have to be a techie to take apart the mirror. Have patience. You cant break something that's already broken. :)

Good luck!

• Like 1