• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What Are The Warning Lights Which Lights Before Ignition

andunslg

Question

I have a Mitsubishi L200 252- one. In that one, when I switch on the vehicle, few bulbs light in the instrument panel. Those are the battery charging warning, fuel filter warning and heater plug warning. When I hit the ignition, those switches off.

Today I had the chance to drive another L200 of same model. In that one oil level indicator also lights up before ignition.

So does my one has a trouble in the sensor? What are the default warning lights which lights before ignition?

Also who to check all these warning lights and sensors work? (Some of these indicators haven't it ever, I dont know what they are since the signs are not visible.)

Thanks!

3 answers to this question

First of all, it's not an oil LEVEL indicator, but an oil PRESSURE indicator and is standard in pretty much any vehicle with an internal combustion engine.

In your case, the indicator doesn't light up due to three main possible causes:

1. Burnt indicator bulb

2. Defective oil pressure switch

3. Connection/electrical issue between oil pressure switch and indicator bulb or blown fuse

It's most likely 1 or 2 IMO. Check fuses, bulb first.

Edited by Davy
  • Like 1

Hi,

Solved the issue! My vehicle's previous owner bugger has repaired the wire harness to replace the rectifier circuit of alternator. Some how the oil pressure sensor wire was broken in the middle and the part to sensor was missing. Also the other end of the broken wire was hidden in side the wire harness. Thus had to remove the I Panel and navigated via the wire harness starting from the indicator bulb. Later found the other. :)

This diagram was helpful in doing the thing + your answers.

Thanks!

780x453xoil_gauge_2.jpg.pagespeed.ic.QEZ

• Like 1