• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

The Best Coil-Overs For Subaru Sti4

mad123456

Any reason as to why the stock set up isn't working out for you??

Locally available options would be Tein, D2 & Gecko

Thanks bro,

Stock setup is fine for the moment but i wanted to find out other available options as well :)

Think you better research a little bit more on coilover application before you go ahead. There is indeed selection in Sri Lanka when it comes to coilovers. Cost can be somewhere around 100k LKR.

I run a set of Tein colilvers on my Galant. My requirements were a bit different from why people usually install coilovers. I primarily wanted to reduce the massive gap between the body and the wheel. I was thinking of handling improvements only as a secondary advantage.

But I can tell you this much. Installing coilovers was probably one of the best decisions I made so far in terms of my Galant. The car handles very good with very low body roll and a lot of other advantages especially on winding roads.

My dampening is set exactly half way between hardest and softest settings. It's so much like the stock setting that my wife still don't know that I've got coilovers in my car and we do a lot of road trips.

So yeah, it's a very good compromise in my application. But I put about one year's worth of research before I actually pulled the trigger on the coilovers. Why I bought coilovers instead of lowered springs was due to two reasons.

1. I couldn't find lowered springs and matching dampers (Shock absorbers) for the Galant in Sri Lanka.
  2. I wanted to have the option of changing my ride height. I was planning on upsizing my wheels+tyres.

Think you better research a little bit more on coilover application before you go ahead. There is indeed selection in Sri Lanka when it comes to coilovers. Cost can be somewhere around 100k LKR.

I run a set of Tein colilvers on my Galant. My requirements were a bit different from why people usually install coilovers. I primarily wanted to reduce the massive gap between the body and the wheel. I was thinking of handling improvements only as a secondary advantage.

But I can tell you this much. Installing coilovers was probably one of the best decisions I made so far in terms of my Galant. The car handles very good with very low body roll and a lot of other advantages especially on winding roads.

My dampening is set exactly half way between hardest and softest settings. It's so much like the stock setting that my wife still don't know that I've got coilovers in my car and we do a lot of road trips.

So yeah, it's a very good compromise in my application. But I put about one year's worth of research before I actually pulled the trigger on the coilovers. Why I bought coilovers instead of lowered springs was due to two reasons.

1. I couldn't find lowered springs and matching dampers (Shock absorbers) for the Galant in Sri Lanka.
  2. I wanted to have the option of changing my ride height. I was planning on upsizing my wheels+tyres.

Thanks buddy ,, are u using any particular model on Tein? i want comfort ...

Thanks buddy ,, are u using any particular model on Tein? i want comfort ...

I'd like to help. But realistically, this is the point where you hit CTRL+T or Command+T and search for 'Coilovers for Subaru STI'.

Mine is a Galant and yours is an STI. Two very different cars made for two very different purposes.

I have no idea about driving characteristics of an STI and at this point, I can't be bothered to find out.

Please do your own research and ask your questions after.

Sorry if I sound rude. But I just wanted to drive home a point.

Comfort doesn't go with the car u have is it??? handling n comfort is a bit different dont u think. Do a bit of research and also i hope ur opting for these after fixing the air sensor?

you could write to Tein like i did when i had my GT, they are extremely helpful and will guide you on what sorta coilovers that you need. the price will defer greatly on the kind of options you need, such as EDFC (Electronic Damping Force Controller)

Comfort doesn't go with the car u have is it??? handling n comfort is a bit different dont u think. Do a bit of research and also i hope ur opting for these after fixing the air sensor?

you could write to Tein like i did when i had my GT, they are extremely helpful and will guide you on what sorta coilovers that you need. the price will defer greatly on the kind of options you need, such as EDFC (Electronic Damping Force Controller)

Air flow thing has not been resolved yet, i found that wire harness has not been connected to the port which is underneath the steering wheel :)

i have to find a good electronic guy to fix it. Well you are correct i was not fully aware of the suspension , but i know one thing correct me if i am wrong, some suspensions mounts come with less rubber therefore the contact with the body will be a bit rigid compared to one with more rubber on the mount

Would you mind sharing how you contacted them? :) I'll DM my contact details. I need to plan ahead for replacing the dampers at some point.

Edited by Sierra Charlie

yeah Muditha has done excellent job communicating with Tein :), there is another brand call GAB as well, Tein will be expensive compared to them, try yahoo jap auctions you might be able to order some your self :)