• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Dent Removal Help

smurf

Dear friends,

Have seen a discussion on the same topic which was few year back..... But couldn't find a solution.

Few days back I just got touched my Vezel, left front panel on a post (concrete post covered by a down pipe) resulting a vertical dent of abt 4-5 inches. No paint damages, just a dent but have two creases on the shape of the mudguard.

Since the damage looks minor, I don't want to loose the original paint. I would really appreciate If you help me to find a place in SL to do a paint less dent removal.

(Pls refer the image for the dent location)

Cheers...

post-51020-0-27304400-1461869062_thumb.j

First and foremost where are you from ??

Visit the nearest tinker paint garage and let them check what they can do ofcourse you could be able to remove the dent.

thnx for the reply.

I'm from Galle. But live in Malabe.

I have visited few garages, all of them were in a position to remove the panel and fix the problem in traditional hammering method. Then repaint.

But I am looking for somebody who can take the challenge of paintless repair. Since it is very popular and time saving method in overseas, probably may have started here by now. That is what I want to check with you guys....

Edited by smurf

I understand what you wanting, I have seen some garages with plunger like thing which sucks up the dent, The thing is i'm not certain of a place and if its said to be very minor one you could be able to remove the dent with no paint job.

Just post a real pic of the dent so we could come up with a solution ✌✌

Edited by Nissan cdj

I understand what you wanting, I have seen some garages with plunger like thing which sucks up the dent, The thing is i'm not certain of a place and if its said to be very minor one you could be able to remove the dent with no paint job.

Just post a real pic of the dent so we could come up with a solution ✌✌

Thnx bro.

Here I've attached few real pics of the dent which is not very minor......

It will be a real help if you can come up with a solution....

24oujxg.jpg2ij521h.jpg

There's a body shop which used to be good near Koswaththa junction on the left side coming from Malambe,

The hardest part will be the crease or curve in the middle of the dent,.. best will be to go the traditional way of beat/, fill, sand, paint.and you'll have to paint the entire panel so you'll loose the "look" cos let's face it, a new paint job will stand out from the rest of the car no matter how it's done.

Best compromise will be to push the dent from ther back and, just leave it as it is rather than showing you had a big crash and re-painted an entire panel. ,.. :speechless-smiley-004:

TT

Edited by Twin Turbo

There's a body shop which used to be good near Koswaththa junction on the left side coming from Malambe,

The hardest part will be the crease or curve in the middle of the fent,.. best will be to go the traditional way of beat/, fill, sand, paint.and you'll have to paint the entire panel so you'll loose the "look" cos let's face it, a new paint job will stand out from the rest of the car no matter how it's done.

Best compromise will be to push the dent from ther back and, just leave it as it is rather than showing you had a big crash and re-painted an entire panel. ,..

TT

Thnx for the reply.

Had a second thought as you told leaving as it is........ rather than re-paint. Cos if the guys are unprofessional, they may break/damage some other parts when trying to remove or fix them.....

So still thinking to take that risk.......

• Like 1

Thnx bro.

Here I've attached few real pics of the dent which is not very minor......

It will be a real help if you can come up with a solution....

24oujxg.jpg2ij521h.jpg

You can do something by your self.

1. Buy a rubber hammer from hardware shop (Can buy from Arpico too)

2. Lift the vehicle by your jack, remove the wheel and give some safe support.

3. Remove fender under cover. (not the fender since its difficult to remove)

4. You can do simple hammering by inside.

Since the car is yours, you will do this better than any body work guy.

This will not solve the matter 100% since its difficult to repair the crease but sure it will improve the appearance lot.

5.Leave the remained part as it is.

6. Fix all removed items, lower the vehicle and finish the job.

P.S.

:sport-smiley-004: There are enough three wheel, bike and private bus morons who loves car fenders. Leave it for them. :sport-smiley-004:

• Like 1

You can do something by your self.

1. Buy a rubber hammer from hardware shop (Can buy from Arpico too)

2. Lift the vehicle by your jack, remove the wheel and give some safe support.

3. Remove fender under cover. (not the fender since its difficult to remove)

4. You can do simple hammering by inside.

Since the car is yours, you will do this better than any body work guy.

This will not solve the matter 100% since its difficult to repair the crease but sure it will improve the appearance lot.

5.Leave the remained part as it is.

6. Fix all removed items, lower the vehicle and finish the job.

P.S.

:sport-smiley-004: There are enough three wheel, bike and private bus morons who loves car fenders. Leave it for them. :sport-smiley-004:

Thnx bro.... Once after remove under cover of the fender , there is a parallel plate is there. Only about a inch space between the plates. So difficult to hammer in between.

Edited by smurf

• 1 month later...
Dear friends,

Have seen a discussion on the same topic which was few year back..... But couldn't find a solution.

Few days back I just got touched my Vezel, left front panel on a post (concrete post covered by a down pipe) resulting a vertical dent of abt 4-5 inches. No paint damages, just a dent but have two creases on the shape of the mudguard.

Since the damage looks minor, I don't want to loose the original paint. I would really appreciate If you help me to find a place in SL to do a paint less dent removal.

(Pls refer the image for the dent location)

Cheers...

If you are willing to do a DIY job then i recommend looking at this video. As other said i think it good to refrain from doing a traditional paint job since that will any way look bit different and in the process of removing the panel they will damage at least one hook or bracket ;).

Or do a youtube search with this search text "paintless dent repair body line" you will get lot of videos showing workout a bodyline dent as yours.

• Like 1

If you are willing to do a DIY job then i recommend looking at this video. As other said i think it good to refrain from doing a traditional paint job since that will any way look bit different and in the process of removing the panel they will damage at least one hook or bracket ;).

Or do a youtube search with this search text "paintless dent repair body line" you will get lot of videos showing workout a bodyline dent as yours.

Thnx brother. Have wached many videos and done a own repair.... Felt it is better than breaking any other pannel/brackets.... :)

• Like 1