• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Deeshana

Question

Hello guys,

First of all I'm new to this forum and I don't know whether this thread is in the correct section, I'm sorry if its in a wrong place.

I've got a Nissan Sunny n16 facelift aka n17 in Sri Lanka. (MT 1.3)

It's a 2003 Ex saloon, and I've being using it for about 8 years now. I had an ECU issue and I replaced the ECU about an year back. However I didn't use the car after that because the car was outstation and I was in Colombo. Now I've got the car with me and I realised that after the ECU replacement the fuel consumption is terrible.

I thought it was an issue with the oxygen sensor or the camshaft positioning sensor, I realised a few days back that the ECU is from an AT 1.3 N16. Sometimes the rpm won't rev passed 3000 rpm in 2nd gear, it might struggle at around 3k. but suddenly the issue is gone - that's strange though, but at least it revs :P

The fuel issue isn't fixed though, the fuel consumption is high (6kmpl in Colombo) and all the sensors appear to be alright.

I'd like to anyone here will be able to explain/help me out regarding this particular topic.

Thanks in advance

• Like 1

3 answers to this question

How did you come to know the ECU is indeed from an Auto Transmission ? From the code ?

BTW, was the car used by anyone during the 1 year period, or it was stationary ? if that's the case the throttle body area may need some cleaning :)

• Like 1

There would be some subtle differences between the ecu maps of an auto and manual. For example in the auto it's probably programed to shift to 3rd gear at 3000rpm based on the throttle position and speed, so the ecu probably gets confused when you try to push past 3000 without kickdown.

I'm surprised you didn't get a check engine light or a wonky rpm guage as these are the usual symptoms when you swap the ecu.

• Like 1

There would be some subtle differences between the ecu maps of an auto and manual. For example in the auto it's probably programed to shift to 3rd gear at 3000rpm based on the throttle position and speed, so the ecu probably gets confused when you try to push past 3000 without kickdown.

I'm surprised you didn't get a check engine light or a wonky rpm guage as these are the usual symptoms when you swap the ecu.

yeah true. please check your check engine light first :) some maka-basaes remove them so as they do to ABS