• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Suzuki A-Star

ruc

I bought a second hand Astar 6 months back( milage was around 90K) . Although the seller & other people said it is a good fuel efficient vehicle but it doesn't.it does 10 kmpl.so did efi cleaning & tune up. then it reached 12kmpl.are there any further reason for this low fuel consumption?

I bought a second hand Astar 6 months back( milage was around 90K) . Although the seller & other people said it is a good fuel efficient vehicle but it doesn't.it does 10 kmpl.so did efi cleaning & tune up. then it reached 12kmpl.are there any further reason for this low fuel consumption?

I assume this has automatic transmission? If so 12 KMPL sounds about right for a small hatchback. Even hybrids do marginally better than that :D

Who says 12km/l is low fuel consumption. ?

Please elaborate more details

1. Manual or Auto GB?

2. Using in Colombo (or congested roads) or outstation

However, 10 km/l for Colombo traffic is more than enough for A-star auto car.

• Like 1

it's manual. this tested outside Colombo with AC on. i heard it is 15 kmpl on Colombo suburbs & 18 kmpl on rural ares

Your car is running well. Don't worry. If anybody proves 15 km/l in Colombo office traffic for A-star, I will give my car to him. If you correctly measure, I can assure that, the value is between 9-12 km/l depending on traffic condition.

14-16 km/l for outstation is acceptable figure and,

you could obtain 17+ km/l for outstation, night time (less AC load + less stopping), Driver + 1 passenger only and careful driving 60-70 km/h speed - which finally means ideal condition :sleeping-smiley-001: and you will be observing 2 or 3 times withing the life of the car.

Edited by gayanath

it's manual. this tested outside Colombo with AC on. i heard it is 15 kmpl on Colombo suburbs & 18 kmpl on rural ares

i think 12kmpl is a gud number.....other thing is our driving style... sometimes my previous car give me 11kmpl in col suburbs and 8kmpl in rural areas, depending on driving style.... :prankster:

Your car is running well. Don't worry. If anybody proves 15 km/l in Colombo office traffic for A-star, I will a car to him. If you correctly measure, I can assure that, the value is between 9-12 km/l depending on traffic condition.

14-16 km/l for outstation is acceptable figure and,

you could obtain 17+ km/l for outstation, night time (less AC load + less stopping), Driver + 1 passenger only and careful driving 60-70 km/h speed - which finally means ideal condition :sleeping-smiley-001: and you will be observing 2 or 3 times withing the life of the car.

15 KMPL in colombo traffic is more realistic for a hybrid than an A.Star. Even the national favorite of 2014 the vezel does about 12KMPL (according to a couple of owners i know)

• 2 weeks later...

Simple tip: Never ask the fuel economy of a car from a seller or from the agents, more like "Horage ammagen pena ahanawa".

If you want to improve your fuel economy, learn to adjust your driving style and in the process become a very boring driver.

01. Under inflated tyres increase rolling resistance, which leads to higher petrol consumption? Always maintain recommended tyre pressure (Check once in a month). Refer Tyre information label on driver side door/pillar on your vehicle or under specification section of owners manual.
02. Keep RPMs below 2000, don't know whether this is possible on your car though because of the small engine.
03. Drive at steady speeds between 50-60 kmph.
04. When accelerating, shift down to a lower gear and accelerate gradually instead of flooring the pedal in the same gear.
05. Keep air filter clean.
06. Avoid idling at red lights, it wastes fuel. Switch off engine if stop time is more than 60 seconds.
07. While braking, coast down to a lower speed in gear with your foot off the accelerator, and then shift the gear to neutral.
08. Shift to 5th gear as soon as possible. Typical speed for gear shifting with AC off is (for small cars with 1000cc engines, this may vary though):
1st to 2nd 10 km/hr
2nd to 3rd 20-25 km/hr
3rd to 4th 30-35 km/hr
09. Drive smoothly. Avoid sudden breaking and acceleration.
10. Remove your foot from clutch pedal after changing gears.
11. Leave the car at home and use a bus.
Edited by maxxarox