• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Subaru Xv

cooljanz

Hi Guys,

Looking to buy my next vehicle. When i was researching, i found Subaru XV is withing my budget. Is it a good one to purchase? is this a good to use as a daily. i heard spare parts are not so common for subaru. And also following vehicle are withing my budget,

1. Vezel

2. Mazda 6 (2000cc)

3. Harrier/Lexus (2009/2010)

What will be good on those?

Thanks

Janith

Are you looking at the XV hybrid or petrol?.....can't comment on the hybrid but the petrol version is a solid all rounder - drove one many times and was considering getting one as a family car until my decision was overridden and settled for a X-trail.

Except the Mazda, IMO as a driver's car its a level above the rest of your options, if your priorities are fuel economy, depreciation, maintenance and all those boring things it might not be the ideal one.

Edited by tharindra

Hi Guys,

Looking to buy my next vehicle. When i was researching, i found Subaru XV is withing my budget. Is it a good one to purchase? is this a good to use as a daily. i heard spare parts are not so common for subaru. And also following vehicle are withing my budget,

1. Vezel

2. Mazda 6 (2000cc)

3. Harrier/Lexus (2009/2010)

What will be good on those?

Thanks

Janith

It would be easier for us to recommend you a vehicle if you could emphasise your concerns more. (Like fuel economy, ground clearance )

I think most of these vehicles have been discussed before, so it's better to go through those threads before you make up your mind.

For that budget I would definitely go for a Mazda 6.

Mazda 6 and XV both are equally good. It depends on what excites you most. I have a petrol XV so I'll list the good things.

XV Advantages:

AWD - Very good handling even in bad weather conditions.

Ground clearance - Can go over many obstacles. It's a kind of go anywhere vehicle. Slight off roading is no problem.

Handles like a car with such a ground clearance. Feels very stable at high speeds.

Roof rails - easy to mount roof racks / cargo carriers. Also possible to attach bicycle rack in the back.

Petrol XV comes with moon roof. It's quite fun.

I've heard good things about Mazda6 as well. If you're a fan of classy sedans can go that way.

• 2 weeks later...
Thx guys. Not much M6 in those sites. Only one is there

Yeah not many seem to come up for sale and those that do generally go pretty quickly... I guess people really do like them, not something I expected would happen in our market.