• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

nadisha

Registration Certificate

How does a hybrid car is indicated on the registration certificate. Does it says hybrid some where, mine says "petrol/ele" in fuel type category. I'm asking because I met with a problem while getting my revenue license.

It's saying only "PETROL/ELE".

Any Divisional sec office person tried to trouble you??

Mine also same...petrol/ele. I got my revenue without any trouble.

How does a hybrid car is indicated on the registration certificate. Does it says hybrid some where, mine says "petrol/ele" in fuel type category. I'm asking because I met with a problem while getting my revenue license.

What kind of problem did you encounter? And what is your vehicle model?

If it's hybrid it should say it's "petrol/ele"..I had a problem back in 2011 when I first registered a hybrid..In my registration certificate it was mentioned as petrol only..So when I wanted to get revenue license, they asked me to get emission testing certificate...when i went there, even emission testing guys had no clue whatsoever how to do it...They asked me to start the car..in fact it was in EV mode...They asked me to accelerate and nothing indicated...Finally i got a zero emission certificate and got my revenue license..Later I corrected the issue from RMV...Is this the problem you have?

Yes, it was regarding the emmision certificate. I took my revenue from a rural area secratariate office.mine is the first hybrid they did. They didn't know about the registration certificate. So, I got to call RMV to clarify things, and when I did the guy from RMV said it is mentioned as hybrid on the registration certificate, putting me in more trouble. ultimately the divisional sec had to come there, and give a call to RMV to clarify things.

so i had a slight confusion regarding how hybrid is indicated (RMV did print my personal details incorrectly in the CR 3 times, that's why I was suspiciuos). thanks for helping me to clarify things.

Yes, it was regarding the emmision certificate. I took my revenue from a rural area secratariate office.mine is the first hybrid they did. They didn't know about the registration certificate. So, I got to call RMV to clarify things, and when I did the guy from RMV said it is mentioned as hybrid on the registration certificate, putting me in more trouble. ultimately the divisional sec had to come there, and give a call to RMV to clarify things.

so i had a slight confusion regarding how hybrid is indicated (RMV did print my personal details incorrectly in the CR 3 times, that's why I was suspiciuos). thanks for helping me to clarify things.

If you don't mind I would like to know which part of Sri Lanka that you live in which received the first hybrid for the area :D

If you don't mind I would like to know which part of Sri Lanka that you live in which received the first hybrid for the area :D

my home town, uda dumbara

my home town, uda dumbara

Uda or Udu?

Uda or Udu?

Can be said either way, however I highly doubt that your vehicle is the first hybrid ever to be registered in uda dumbara.

I also live near there and there are number of hybrids over there.