• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

3M Scratch Remover

rush9975

All scratch removers work as long as the scratch is only on the paint surface. They can't do miracles.

Incidentally, I've seen tubes of vehicle scratch removers. I bought one sometime back and found that all it has, is rubbing compound. Only the price per gram was about 10 times higher than a bottle of 3M compound.

• 1 year later...

Sorry to bring up an old thread. Does those products on ebay (Pens) work removing clear coat scratch marks? I have some scratch marks on both sides of the bonnet done by my dog. They disappear temporarily if i apply some water or wax (Not deep) but reappear when dry, so im thinking these are clear coat scratches.

Most of the paint pens are crap. If you're not careful with the amount of paint dispensed, you will end up with more visible paint marks compared to the scratch. 

If those are clear coat scratches (i.e. disappears when wet) and if you're in to DYI, just find some 3000 and 5000 grit good quality sandpaper, wet grind the scratch down (higher grit paper first) and then polish it off. Sounds scary and the interim result - after the sandpapering - is enough to give you a heart attack, but the ultimate result is better than any other process. Only works for clear coat scratches though. I've done it for a newer vehicle which happened to go through some scrubs at yala with long but not deep clear coat scratches and worked a charm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nYF46P7B2c

• Like 1