• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Car With No Proper Engine Number?

suki300me

Question

13 answers to this question

Guys, I went to see a car but in the book and also in the engine bay only the engine series number was there (1KZ) not an engine number like 1KZ-xxxxx. As far as I can see the car is pretty much straight. What would you think about this?

Whats the car model?

I think engine was replaced and the previous engine number has been erased...

Whats the car model?

I think engine was replaced and the previous engine number has been erased...

1KZ was only available in Surfs, High end Hiaces and Landcruisers as far as I know. So this must be a convert.

Ah sorry my bad its actually 1NZ engine. But it didn't look like the number is scraped though

Nope its a 2002 model with 1.5L engine. This was the only 1.5 I found. All the others were 1.3L

1.5 specimens of that era are bit rare here and they do have 1NZ. Check the model code. It should be either NCP61 or NCP 65 (4WD). 1.3 version is NCP 60. But as others say it's strange to have engine number like that.

1.5 specimens of that era are bit rare here and they do have 1NZ. Check the model code. It should be either NCP61 or NCP 65 (4WD). 1.3 version is NCP 60. But as others say it's strange to have engine number like that.

Yep NCP61. Anyway I let it go coz I agree its too shady + open papers...

Edited by suki300me