• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Strange Noise In Driver Side Door Actuator

PerfMad

Hi Guys

I bought a Honda City 2001 model recently and I got 2 remote keys with flip key remote.

Previous owner told these were there when he bought it as well. Remote is bit similar to this

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ecutool.com%2Fproimg%2F2_Buttons_Flip_Remote_Key_Shell_for_Suzuki_K213003_b.jpg&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fitm%2FCar-Keys-Fob-SwitchBlade-Key-Flip-Case-for-Suzuki-SX-4-SX4-Swift-Remote-%2F190892860497&docid=YepJHHj9yHaZfM&tbnid=JpsKiEBeD8lihM%3A&w=650&h=325&bih=741&biw=1600&ved=0ahUKEwiWv-T3oZzMAhVBv44KHfkDAP0QMwgfKAIwAg&iact=mrc&uact=8

However, this remote has only LOCK/UNLOCK functionality. The issue is when I try to unlock it i get a strange sound like driver side actuator is trying to unlock itself several times (drrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr sound). This does not come when i try to LOCK the car by remote.

Also I noticed that, this issue occurs only if i try to LOCK and UNLOCK at the same time.

For an example, let's say I LOCK the car by remote, then UNLOCK it using the key from driver side door (not the remote) -> No strange sound all doors gets unlocked

If I then try to LOCK it again with remote and then UNLOCK it by REMOTE (this time it works without any sound) but if i perform this step again, then I get this annoying sound.

What could be the issue for this ? Currently what I does is, use the remote to LOCK and unlocking will be done by the KEY. Rarely I unlock it with the remote (only if I perform the 1st step)

Appreciate your expert feedback on this..

Hi PerfMad,

Firstly, I am not an expert. In simple logic, It seems wheel inside your actuator wear out. If you like to try some DIY things, I suggest interchange it with left door actuator and check the behavior.

If not simply visit to a talented auto electrician (not a Makabas) and explain the situation.

• Like 1

Hi PerfMad,

Firstly, I am not an expert. In simple logic, It seems wheel inside your actuator wear out. If you like to try some DIY things, I suggest interchange it with left door actuator and check the behavior.

If not simply visit to a talented auto electrician (not a Makabas) and explain the situation.

Initially i thought the same thing. But then i realised, if that's the case it should happen always ya? and it should happen when i try to open it with key as well.. My hunch is, the lock/unlock system i have in mine, may be sending wrong or multiple signal to the driver side actuator ( i believe which allows the rest to open, just as universal centre locking systems)..

Is there anyone who is good at checking the control box of my center locking system (if that the root cause)

1. The remote controller dont send separate open/close signals to each actuator. The car security system circuit send a common electrical signal to all actuators to open/close. ( by changing the polarity of power supply to actuators). So "may not sending wrong or multiple signal only to the driver side actuator".
  2. If your car equipped separate central locking circuit apart the car security system, driver side actuator should have 5 wires and central locking circuit. If so you may not easily interchange with left actuator as it has only 2 wires.

If possible, open the driver side door board and release the actuator rod which connect to door manual lock knob. There should be 2 screws. Then try to open/close by remote. If the said drrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr sound disappear actuator wear out.

• Like 1

1. The remote controller dont send separate open/close signals to each actuator. The car security system circuit send a common electrical signal to all actuators to open/close. ( by changing the polarity of power supply to actuators). So "may not sending wrong or multiple signal only to the driver side actuator".
  2. If your car equipped separate central locking circuit apart the car security system, driver side actuator should have 5 wires and central locking circuit. If so you may not easily interchange with left actuator as it has only 2 wires.

If possible, open the driver side door board and release the actuator rod which connect to door manual lock knob. There should be 2 screws. Then try to open/close by remote. If the said drrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr sound disappear actuator wear out.

Hi Kusumsiri

I will have a look on this ASAP. Just curious to know, even original center locking system has 5 wired gun ? like after market universal ones ?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Kusumsiri

I just checked this and it seems to be the actuator which was fixed for the security system is faulty. Therefore I replaced it with a new motor which has 2 wires (not five) and issue disappeared..

Thanks all for giving your valuable input on this..

• Like 1