• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Alto K10 Vs Wagonar Fz

AMI0755

I am looking for a small car, close to 2.4 - 2.7 M - I own a Honda GP1, which i plan to sell within the next two months because i need some cash -. The two options I am interested in are;

1 - Wagonar FZ

2 - Alto K10 - Automatic

I know it is big down grade, but selling the vehicle seems to be the best option and getting a loan/lease for a car is the easiest :).

Of-course the Alto K10 (Automatic) will come with all the drawbacks of Indian small cars. Automatic and the price, is the only thing that makes me to think of buying it. How good is his car ? and how good is the Automatic gear box ?

I prefer the Wagonar FZ. But the owners complain about slow pick up and less puling power, of-course you can not expect much of a 660 cc, but is it that bad ?. I drive bit aggressively at times, but i can adjust, I feel.

Please add your thoughts, it is really appreciative

The one come with K10 is not necessarily an automatic transmission. It's an AMT (Automated manual). It does feels easier to drive than a manual but surely not good as conventional auto box.

i am pretty sure you will see a MASSIVE difference with either these options cos they're country miles behind your Honda in every aspect . Is a used car not an option for you? How much is a K10 auto anyway?

You can get a lease for your existing car and get some cash for your requirement. Why you want to downgrade? I don't see any logic in buying a under powered car since you are in a need of some money.

My GF has a Wagon R FZ; It has the same issue that the GP1 has, i.e. when the engine stops, the A/C stops cooling. The K10 auto, while it works, I wouldn't say it works very well. It lurches when rolling away from a stop, and gear shifts can be painfully slow at times. The manual K10 is a blast to drive, there's plenty of torque down low, and the ride isn't half bad.

Going from a GP1 to a K10 you are gonna notice a VERY big down grade, while the Wagon R is similarly equipped, actually it has more goodies and that 660cc engine couple with the electic motor isnt too shabby. drove one around kandy city and fell in love with how nippy it is in traffic and how suprisingly comfortable and well handle it is for a tall riding small car. Couple that to the typical suzuki interior space, its a great all rounder, bang for the buck.

something i did notice about it is that the engine bay heats up a lot, but even after a long journey the dashboard bulb didnt indicate its overheating(do miss the good old heat gauges we used to have).

and compared to something like a awful vitz the pulling power isnt too bad. .

Edited by Schiffer
  • Like 2

Thanks all for the input.

I will go for the Wagonar FZ.

One more information i missed in my question, I want my wife to drive to do the schooling and she do not want to drive a big car. At the moment i do not have the capacity to buy and maintain two cars :) at least two big cars. Although i drive to work now, i will have to look for some alternative, and that is a bigger down grade than going form GP1 to Wagonar :P

• 2 weeks later...

One of my friend using K10 in auto and i found leg space is not adequate and in slow speed specially when you try to reverse or park car is not very smooth (like a misfire)

Only good thing about this car is good fuel consumption according to my friend.

You can get a lease for your existing car and get some cash for your requirement. Why you want to downgrade? I don't see any logic in buying a under powered car since you are in a need of some money.

It makes perfect sense to do this as the luxury options on the commuter car (comfort, large engine, space) can be done away with easily, without affecting the utility of having a car to commute by simply down grading and freeing up some cash-flow. Don't know about you but it makes sense to me.

(To be honest I do the exact same thing as AMI0755, when its a low / bad year I simply buy a cheaper car when it comes time to replace the commuter, which lets me save some money towards the day-to-day budget, its all good. And when times are good: Bang! I can upgrade Err...not really, as I usually always drive the car to the end of its practical life before switching- but the intention is always there!... :D )

Edited by Kavvz