• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Whether To Choose Honda

ShamilFazeel

Hi Bros, I'm new to cars and for this forum as well.

I really love to go for an eg8 since the look it has and the performance, also my budget. So I took 5 experienced fellows thoughts and 1 out of five said go for honda.

One of my best pal, who was a racer and a honda user even didn't recommend honda saying the parts are expensive and you will not find a good eg8 as it's pretty old.

But still my instinct says go for eg8.

Please help me out

I really love to go for an eg8 since the look it has and the performance, also my budget. So I took 5 experienced fellows thoughts and 1 out of five said go for honda.

One of my best pal, who was a racer and a honda user even didn't recommend honda saying the parts are expensive and you will not find a good eg8 as it's pretty old.

Please help me out

Welcome to the forum....

Follow your instincts and go for a Honda...Yes comparably spare parts prices are higher for Hondas and eg8 is pretty old car that you will have problems of finding a well maintained car considering it's age...It's quite normal that you will be hesitated to buy a car when you buy it for the first time. But If you are really having eg8 in your mind, go for it...If you ask another 100 people , 98% of them will advise you to go for a Toyota..Generally all of the Japanese brands like Honda, Mazda, Mitsubishi and Nissan produce good reliable cars..Most important mission for you is to find out a well maintained eg8, not to consider whether Honda is good or bad.

Edited by AbeysinghE
  • Like 1

if you like the car I'm pretty sure you are ready to give that little bit of extra effort in maintaining it. EG8 is not a bad car and it's quite popular here. I agree spares etc are not as frequently found as a corolla of similar vintage but you should always buy a car you like or else you will hate it after a while. All the best in finding a well maintained car.

Edited by matroska

Please help me out

Your friend is correct indeed mate. Don't loose your head in front of the heart. Though if you have time and money to throw away go get a EG8.

Abeysigha bro,

Your are 100% correct. The other 4 out of five which i said above; said me to go for Toyota.

Well thanks alot bro. The advice really valued.

They told you so because it is the right thing to do. Sri Lanka is not like US where you can buy cars for cheap and parts for cheap.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="BuBi" data-cid="291027" data-time="1460283727"><p>

<br />

They told you so because it is the right thing to do. Sri Lanka is not like US where you can buy cars for cheap and parts for cheap. </p></blockquote>

As because of they said so, I checked starlet glanza.. But it seems damn rare than eg8.. ??

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="BuBi" data-cid="291027" data-time="1460283727"><p>

<br />

They told you so because it is the right thing to do. Sri Lanka is not like US where you can buy cars for cheap and parts for cheap. </p></blockquote>

As because of they said so, I checked starlet glanza.. But it seems damn rare than eg8..

What's your maximum budget? How about Mazda Familia butterfly model? you could easily find 1996-1997 models for 1.1 million to 1.2 million. It's a nice car and has a pretty good handling and fun to drive as well. Toyotas are far too expensive when considering the year of manufacture.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="AbeysinghE" data-cid="291029" data-time="1460288921"><p>

What's your maximum budget? How about Mazda Familia butterfly model? you could easily find 1996-1997 models for 1.1 million to 1.2 million. It's a nice car and has a pretty good handling and fun to drive as well. Toyotas are far too expensive when considering the year of manufacture. </p></blockquote>

Yeah, that's my budget.. will check on ######

If you are a guy who like to eg8,you will definitely like Mitsubishi CK1 & CK2.... My suggestion is check several ck2s and compare both. You will be able to find a newer car than eg8 with more options like airbags,digital meters,rev meter,abs,etc..,also it will be cost effective too... By the way if you really want a eg8,go for it...its a nice car....

I was a happy eg8 owner for 5 years and sold it 5 months back. The thing about the higher price of the spare parts is not exactly right. If you know the places to look for spare parts,sometimes you'll find them even cheaper than toyota.(I replaced the complete engine ,a non vtec D15B for 40k about 8 months back.) Try to find a one with non rapped interior.

• Like 1