• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Buying A Toyota Mark X 2007

kasuxg33

Question

24 answers to this question

Hey guys,

I am new here!! I thought of upgrading my car to Toyota Mark X 2007 model.

Any important info about the Mark X ?

Thanks in advance

It's a great car: pretty fast, comfortable, nice to drive and built in the usual toyota way (pretty solidly). Fuel consumption is obviously higher than the average premio/allion etc.

I have driven Mark X quite a few times. Really good car with awesome pulling power, comfortable, good handling, luxury interior, good functions and many more. The fuel consumption not that bad considering it's size and power. For me there are more pros than cons in Mark X. Though spare parts are costly and hard to find out..

Edited by AbeysinghE

Well..I got a 2007 Mark X...Its a pretty fun car to drive and not the typical run of the mill Toyotas you find in SL roads. The 4GR-FSE engine is pretty solid provided it has been taken care of. The car is pretty large but nimble and fun to drive. The interior is a bit snug but still roomy in a weird sort of way. I am not quite implressed with the gearboxes manual mode as there is a slight lag in the shifting (and it has been so in 3 Mark Xs I have driven), nevertheless it moves (sometimes I can't help but smoke those little kids in Civics and P11s with those little fart cans).

However, the engine is known for a few niggles (especially in the earlier pre-facelift version of the Mark X).

Here is a pretty good read-up of the GR series engines....just look at the section on the 4GR-FSE.

http://toyota-club.net/files/faq/13-11-10_faq_gr-engine_eng.htm

Apart from that if you are going for a S Package (which I doubt you would as those things are rare), make sure the suspension is in order. It has a fancy adaptive suspension which could have issues.

When inspecting the car..look for rust spots inside the little well like part behind the wheel arches. Like in most Euro cars water can get lodged in those corners and not drain out properly.

Issues with the car...well...nothing too bad really apart from the GR engine issues.Parts are hard to find. Had to do a bit of hunting to find brake pads when I first purchased my one. Also, the Air filter was hard to find. So now I keep a stash of consumables/parts which I brought from Japan.

Secondly like most Toyotas from Japan from the era it is prone to dashboard cracks. So watch out for that.

LSD was an option on the Mark X standard grades, still there are a few with them (including mine). If it has a LSD check for whines and grinds coming from the rear (i.e. diff). If there are whines and grinds...I would personally stay away from it unless I am prepared for a diff replacement. If your car does have a LSD, then it is best you change the oil in it once you get the car.

Fuel consumption wise...I get anything between 6-7 kmpl in the city. That is after I did some basic maintenance stuff on the car. When I first got it it barely did 4 ! On the highway I get about 13kmpl.

• Like 1

The OP perhaps had his Eye on the car that is advertised on the SPEED site. :speechless-smiley-019: . One must read this advert. Sure it has been posted by someone who has a very good sense of humor and high IQ

Oh? How would I go about searching for this ad? Care to throw out some key words? Or PM me the link?

• Like 1

Thanks for the heads ups guys. What are these different models of S, face lift etc? Are they also in same price range 3mn -3.5mn?

iRange, According to you the car sounds little troublesome apart from its pulling power. I am a one who hate spend time in garages and to fins spare parts. what do you recommend? or else my next option is Civic FD3

Oh? How would I go about searching for this ad? Care to throw out some key words? Or PM me the link?

its pretty easy. Go there, Select all ads, search for mark x.

its a long advertisement...

• Like 1

Thanks guys. Camry 2007 looks nerdy though :sleeping-smiley-008:

Yeah! To me also Mark X looks better than Camry.

LOL!! i noticed that ad too. that car looks good relative cheap isnt it? By now i have found mark x 2007 from 3.1m to 4.5m . I dont know whats the difference in these same cars to have such different prices. Are they different models?

Well, it depends on a few things like mileage,no of previous owners, maintenance and the ignorance of some owners who advertise without knowing the current market price of their cars. :D

Saw the same car advertised on the same site by the previous owner, was advertised with 140,000kms on the clock. Meanwhile OP check this out

http://www.autolanka.com/cars/toyota/avalon/2000-toyota-avalon-pronard-colombo-196623.html'>http://www.autolanka.com/cars/toyota/avalon/2000-toyota-avalon-pronard-colombo-196623.html

Really? But the current owner says the mileage is 60,850km. So there is some funny business going on.

• Like 1

On the contrary. The car is not trounlesome at all. U need to do proper maintenance and need to find a well maintained car. Personally the Mark X is a much nicer and solid car than a Civic (my opinion only. Not that the civic is a bad car).

The thing is you need to maintain it properly and not resort to cheapo maintenance of Axios and Allions. The unfortunate truth is that 90% of the Mark Xs I saw were taken care of cheaply.

You really cant compare the Camry with a Mark X. Completely different cars.If you want a large family cruiser go for the Camry. If u want a more sportier large sedan then go for the Mark X. The driving dynamics are completely different because of the FWD vs RWD layout and the difference in engines and gearbox. If u really don't care about driving dynamics and want a large car thay says toyota that looks sporty, then buy a Camry and put a bodykit on it.

• Like 1

On the contrary. The car is not trounlesome at all. U need to do proper maintenance and need to find a well maintained car. Personally the Mark X is a much nicer and solid car than a Civic (my opinion only. Not that the civic is a bad car).

The thing is you need to maintain it properly and not resort to cheapo maintenance of Axios and Allions. The unfortunate truth is that 90% of the Mark Xs I saw were taken care of cheaply.

You really cant compare the Camry with a Mark X. Completely different cars.If you want a large family cruiser go for the Camry. If u want a more sportier large sedan then go for the Mark X. The driving dynamics are completely different because of the FWD vs RWD layout and the difference in engines and gearbox. If u really don't care about driving dynamics and want a large car thay says toyota that looks sporty, then buy a Camry and put a bodykit on it.

So the only option here is to buy iRage 's Mark X if he's ready to sell it. Because it's hard to find well maintained Mark Xs here in SL. :)

So the only option here is to buy iRage 's Mark X if he's ready to sell it. Because it's hard to find well maintained Mark Xs here in SL. :)

No...not really...several of them are out there....no one is willing to sell it though. My one was not very good when I bought it. It was decent but had been used by a careless dumb@$$. So pretty much fixed everything up over the last few months.

There is a black one that might be up for sale in a few months apparently.

Edited by iRage

its pretty easy. Go there, Select all ads, search for mark x.

its a long advertisement...

Saw the ad. It says "low price due to charity service " :D

Pretty interesting Ad!

Apparently the car was "Used By Trainee Teenage Pilot " and one is urged to "only call for make an appointment & More info about Vehicles..(Not Private things)" !!

It sounds exactly like the kind of thing our well respected friend Sylvi would say! :D If I didn't know already that his family had some sort of Chinese vehicle (a Chinese van I seem to recall) and a Rexton I'd swear it was him!! No offence intended to our good Sylvi by this at all; its just that the ad brought up some fond memories. Does anyone know how he's doing? If anyone does enquire after him, please do convey my kind regards.

Oh, and all other things aside, the car in the ad looks pretty darn good...well cosmetically at least. The car / the model year has a nice stance. I'm not so much a fan of that ridiculous X on the front grill but I think the rear with the integrated exhaust etc. looks very slick.

Edited by Kavvz

Pretty interesting Ad!

Apparently the car was "Used By Trainee Teenage Pilot " and one is urged to "only call for make an appointment & More info about Vehicles..(Not Private things)" !!

It sounds exactly like the kind of thing our well respected friend Sylvi would say! :D If I didn't know already that his family had some sort of Chinese vehicle (a Chinese van I seem to recall) and a Rexton I'd swear it was him!! No offence intended to our good Sylvi by this at all; its just that the ad brought up some fond memories. Does anyone know how he's doing? If anyone does enquire after him, please do convey my kind regards.

Oh, and all other things aside, the car in the ad looks pretty darn good...well cosmetically at least. The car / the model year has a nice stance. I'm not so much a fan of that ridiculous X on the front grill but I think the rear with the integrated exhaust etc. looks very slick.

I think he has a Maruti Suzuki Omni van.